Deception and Racist Lies on Muslims | Teen Ink

Deception and Racist Lies on Muslims

March 25, 2016
By gracetink PLATINUM, Buffalo, New York
gracetink PLATINUM, Buffalo, New York
20 articles 3 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I once saw a bee drowned in honey and Ι understood."
~ Nikos Kazantzakis


As a white teenager in America, I have little authority to speak on this topic but in all reality I also feel people will only listen to me due to this fact. Muslims are being bullied, persecuted, and mistreated because of recent and more public knowledge the public has on ISIS and terrorism.


I am extremely sick of the amount of racist comments I hear daily on ‘allowing’ Muslims in ‘our’ country, I can’t imagine how they can feel. So I want to set things straight because I feel this country often bases their decisions on opinion and racist thoughts instead of actual fact and looking beyond the fact of race/color.


To start, Muslims aren’t the only ‘terrorists’, weekly we hear on the news of some crazy white person – excuse my lack of intellectual word choice – shooting others or partaking in actual racist acts. Yet do we treat these people as terrorists? We all know the answer to that one, no. We speak of how this person is mentally ill, and came from a loving home. Mental illness is a serious issue which I would never bash or excuse as not serious or an actual matter, BUT why then are we treating Muslims as evil and ‘the bad guy’ when white people in our country do the same things?


Muslims aren’t the problem and I think it’s hard for people in our country to understand this because many of us only see in color. Fear and racist tendencies are raging through this country and I think people need to be more informed. Muslims are not ‘our problem’. I can see the confusion that people may have with this due to the fact that ISIS is claiming they are Muslim and are doing these things in the name of their religion but this is false. If one were to actually look at the Muslim religion all of the actions done by ISIS go against everything their religion is for.


ISIS is an extremist group out to ruin others and seek power. Muslims and ISIS are not the same and are very much different. ISIS doesn’t just kill Westerners. They kill their ‘own’ people. They kill Muslims and do we hear of this? NO. Why? It’s a simple fact of that we do not care like we say we do about other races and about Muslims. I beg you to spread the word and rethink some of the things you may have toward other races.


Muslims are not our enemy!
Thank you and spread the word.

If anyone found anything wrong with the facts in my article, please let me know I’m still learning and just trying to help and spread the word.

I would love feedback!


The author's comments:

i think we all need to know the truth about things before we are quick to judge and/or act!!!!!!!