Past, Present, and Future | Teen Ink

Past, Present, and Future

January 27, 2014
By katiebeth___ SILVER, Richmond, Virginia
katiebeth___ SILVER, Richmond, Virginia
8 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
Que sera, sera.:)


I think if I could go back in time… well, I hate to say this, but I probably would change a few things. I wouldn’t be so naïve. I would not be so desperate as far as he was concerned. I don’t know. I literally remember every single detail with him, and I’m not sure whether it’s a good or bad thing. I just try not to relive those memories. Sometimes it’s ridiculously hard, other times it’s the easiest thing I’ve ever done. The worst part is when you’re lying in your bed at night, it’s been one of “those days” and you close your eyes and the first thing you see is him holding you while you cried after a bad day at work. You see him kissing your tears away, and that smile, GOD, that smile. And you start to cry, and for a brief second, you think maybe he’ll come back. Maybe it can be like that again. Maybe, just maybe, he misses me like I miss him. But you’re in your cold bed alone, and reality hits. He’s not coming back. He doesn’t even think about you anymore. And you’re just stuck with this cold feeling in your heart, it’s like your heart has been permanently carved into an ice sculpture.