Raise Your Flags | Teen Ink

Raise Your Flags

July 3, 2021
By DaniaZie GOLD, Shah Alam, Selangor, Other
DaniaZie GOLD, Shah Alam, Selangor, Other
11 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And remember one thing, the second day is always better than the first"
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day


“When the people have nothing more to eat, they will eat the rich.”

-   Jean Jacques Rousseau

When the people are starving, they will go to great lengths to save themselves, to save their families. When the people are exhausted, they will go to great lengths to ask for a change. When change does not come, when things do not get better, they will take matters into their own hands.

When the people are barred from asking for help, the people become furious. The people will fight back. They will protest. They will raise their flags and yell at the top of their lungs. They will fight back until the willingly blind and deaf are forced to see and hear the people’s plight.

Because when the people have nothing more to eat, they will eat the rich.

So raise your flags, raise your voices. They must know that the people are tired. We are exhausted. We are starving. We shall force the willingly blind and deaf to see and hear our plight. No matter how hard they try to turn away, we shall make them see what they have done. We shall force them to acknowledge that our plight was their doing.

We shall let them know that we have nothing more to eat, and we are starving.


The author's comments:

Written based on the current events in Malaysia.