Is College Worth It | Teen Ink

Is College Worth It

December 2, 2019
By AgustinAP SILVER, Sacramento, California
AgustinAP SILVER, Sacramento, California
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”


College is something that people question everyday in highschool. They think about if it's right for them or if taking all that time is worth the outcome that they receive. A Lot of people think that college is not worth it, they think that going to college and taking the time/years just to waste time. 


I think college is worth every minute,and you have more options to the things you want to do because at the end of it, it really pays off and you get to keep working towards the job that you worked hard for college also gives you many benefits . For example if someone grew up wanting to be a teacher and went to college for it, got all the degrees to be a teacher, you have the degrees to be a teacher.  


College is a good choice because it gives you many benefits. For example,  even if you get fired from being a teacher, you have other good jobs to fall back on because of the degrees that you earned from being a teacher. This shows that college doesn't only get you the job that you worked hard for but it opens up spots for other jobs that are offered because of the degree that you have. 


I think not going to college would be a bad move because Many jobs these days require a college degree. For example,  36 percent of the job openings will not require education beyond high school, 35 percent of the job openings will require at least a bachelor's degree, 30 percent of the job openings will require some college or an associate's degree says georgetown.edu. This shows that over 65% of the jobs require a degree from college and only less than 35% of the jobs require no college and those openings fill up really quick, leaving you to not having a job because you didn't try college. 


College education is worth it because the many benefits it offers . You should get a college education at all costs even if it causes you running into debts, knowing that afterwards, you would continue getting the benefits of the education. Increased value, higher earnings, health insurance cover, and retirement plans. This makes college a necessity.