That's Just The Way It Is | Teen Ink

That's Just The Way It Is

December 2, 2019
By AlexiaMStrong1234 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
AlexiaMStrong1234 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"People will love you and support you when its beneficial"-nicki minaj


High school students should study the real in what's going on in life. We know so little about the black culture or the mexican culture but we know everything about white people though. Not one time have we learned some real stuff that had to do with ablack person except Martin Luther king jr. They only teach us about his to give the WHITE man who killed him props. The only other thing they teach us about black people is how we use to be slaves and nobody wants to see or be reminded by how badly our ancestors were treated because the color of their skin.

In high school students should study more of the black culture because there are some black people that really did amazing things. For example, Tupac Shakur was bullied as a kid because he moved around a lot and his father wasn't around and his mom was on crack but he still managed to become something he didn't let any of that get in the way of him being him. Tupac used his poetry and music to express how he feel yall think he was just a rapper? No Tupac fought for the black community he fought for what was right. As tupac got older he didn't want to be here anymore and his songs showed it. For example, Tupac states “ Till the day I go no broken promises a sacred bond broken I know ill die alone but yet and still im hoping visions of prisons maybe ill be forgettin I know it's better in heaven cause being here ain't livin”. That proves who he was and that's what we should study in highschool. 

In my opinion we should study Tupac in high school. Tupac was a good role model and he was a very loving person. Tupac was a very powerful rapper he spoke from the core of his heart. Tupac’s legacy is reflected on how much he did while he was here. The author states “Tupac inspired many of his rapmates to read”. The author was saying tupac's spirit inspired a lot of people and that was one of the best things about him. His energy reflects off of him onto other people he is what you call “The life  of the party”. In the tupac data set the author is saying how tupac's legacy was what good he did when he lived. This means tupac left a good legacy behind and he knows it. One other example to why we should study him is because Dyson. Dyson made me think Tupac believed the N-word was only disrespectful coming out of a white person's mouth. Dyson states “ This it deprives racist whites of the prerogative of naming blacks in harmful ways”. Dyson was saying some people say the n- word in a friendly way I think it's alright to say it to your peers but if your right and you come up to me and say “wassup my (N-word). I will get very offended. And I feel like that's what tupac would have felt the same way. Tupac was a hot and cold person kind of like me because there is a very good side then theres a very bad side. The thing about tupac is he really respected his mother so towards family and fans he showed the very good side but towards the enemies he showed the bad side.

Lastly, the overall reason why tupac should be studied is because he simply inspires people. Kids should know about the people who inspires people and for him to be black that is a bonus. Someone once stated “ today's kids need to know that this was somebody who loved poetry before he discovered rap. And there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe a little bit of that will rub off on some of these kids running around wanting to be gangsters”. I agree with the author because Tupac loved people he loved music he loved poetry. Tupa maybe was the type to sit a kid on his lap while he reads to them and no one has ever captured that. Tupac probably loved kids he just never had the time to have them. Moral of the story we should study tupac because maybe we can learn from him. Maybe all the kids trynna be “gangsters” can actually learn from him maybe he can inspire them to stop making dumb decisions  like he did.I know that learning about Tupac Shakur inspired me because now I know how the struggle really was and I know not to trust just anybody.

To conclude my argument “should tupac be studied in high school” I say yes he should. Tupac is the type of person I would want my kids to study because he is literally all in one. He fights for what's right and he also fights for his community. (black people) I wouldn't want my kid thinking nobody did anything about racism because like it or not, I feel like Tupac did. He was bold enough to stand up to any racist white person. He was one of the voices begging to be heard and I know he got heard because I heard him. Tupac was the type of person to stand up to a bully for someone else or stand up to a cop for being racist to somebody else because he knows what it feels like to be bullied. He knows what it feels like for a cop to harass him for no reason. Even when Tupac got beat by them cops he still stood his ground and stood for what was right. That is the true reason why students should study Tupac in highschool.


The author's comments:

I am talking about how tupac was the way he was. The thing that inspired me was his childhood because it talks about what happened to him. It tells us what made him who he was.