Dealing with Escapism! | Teen Ink

Dealing with Escapism!

June 26, 2018
By prachigupta_7 PLATINUM, Thane, Other
prachigupta_7 PLATINUM, Thane, Other
25 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
What you seek is seeking you!


All of us see life through different windows. Some people make things happen, while some let things happen to themselves. If you look closely, we are always among such people. However, the real test comes in times of difficulty. When confronted with problems, few people have the courage to face them, while many others prefer to take the escape route.
                                       

They believe in their destiny, or they believe the situation is not in their control. They don’t realize that life is not in the control of any of us. One of the many things we have to learn is that life is more about our reactions to situations rather than our control over them.
                                             

I have another view too. Through my window, life is like a book. Each book in this world has a different subject. The subject predicts the content of the book, just the way destiny does. You are not given a good or bad subject; you are only given a subject. The pen is in your hand, whether you write it well or badly, it is all up to you. We get this book only once, but as the saying goes, “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” While you get life only once, the longevity is not important, but how much you make of it. In the end as Abraham Lincoln says, “It is not the years in your life that counts. It is the life in your years.” This saying is something which we should always keep in our minds.
                                         

So now when you have your back to the wall, do not blame your subject. Instead keep writing and face situations rather than escaping them. You’ll see a world of a difference in yourself- and your life.