Dear America, When is it Enough?

By Jenn04_11 BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
Jenn04_11 BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas

You can't find peace if you avoid life

Dear America,

There's a teenager crying themself to sleep, thinking of the simples way possible to end all the pain because at hd school they are being harassed the "friends" They have. Every day at school they are being called w***e even though they are virgin. They get beat up everyday at school, slammed by the lockers and return home with a new bruise everyday. Every night a new scar appears in their arm. They feel it's one of the simplest way to take out the pain. Next morning they buy drugs from the guy next door. Now at school they are being call a drug addict but they just did it to try to fit in and release the pain. They walk the way home crying and through the years they can bearly see. A man runs up to them grape them by the waist and throws them in a car and drives away. They fall asleep hoping it's all a dream, but they wake up tied to a bed. They scream for help bit there's no one to hear and they are getting beaten by the rapist so they shut up. They try falling asleep once again to not feel the pain but they feel it all and cry. Sadly they are one of the survivors now they have to deal with the pain they passed through. They think of ending their life but something that seems more tempting is to end everybody's else's the ones that hurt them. They go buy a gun even though they are 15 they get sold the gun. They go to school the next day and shoot everyone they can and then themselves. The "incident" is forgotten of after 3 weeks and everything goes back to normal and no does anything. In the other side of town there's a guy jumping into a public fountain and put into jail while the highest record rapist is still roaming around, a kid is being judges because they are cursing in a public place but no one cares about the one screaming for help.

Dear America when will it be enough for you to realise you need to change.

I just feel that people overreact with the wrong situations 

on Oct. 1 2018 at 9:17 pm
Dani_Higareda PLATINUM, Hanahan, South Carolina

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these." -G.Washington Carver

Amen! Very well-written.

on Sep. 5 2018 at 3:00 pm
Marie1827 SILVER, Rockville, Indiana

Much Madness Is Divinest Sense To A Discerning Eye- Emily Dickinson

very sad, but very very true

Parkland Speaks

Smith Summer

Wellesley Summer