The Effects of Racism | Teen Ink

The Effects of Racism

By sundai BRONZE, Pittsburg, California
sundai BRONZE, Pittsburg, California

Youth is a prime example of how to live life

In my opinion there are two types of people in this world: good and bad. What makes you
different from me? Maybe the color of your skin, your beliefs, and where you come from. But
what makes you better than me? Racism involves personal opinions that are expressed negatively
towards someone who is different.
Life is a gamble and I'm all about my poker chips. When it comes to being against racism ,
I'm all in. The concept of one person being superior to another must have some sort of hate and
ignorance behind it.
Just because of my culture, people start making assumptions. I have been told before that
my name isn't “normal.” Haters will hate, but its okay. They're easy to erase.
Since 9/11 gang violence and homicides related to racism have increased dramatically.
People may think that it is all just fun and jokes while they make racist remarks, but I can go a
long way. Be polite. That is just rule of thumb and I have four more fingers. I only need one to
tell you that the last thing the world needs right now is people getting hurt by these remarks. I
could tell you that you're you and nothing else.
A wise man once said “ Racism exists because hate exists. If the world was filled with love
it could be a better place.”