I am a jew in America This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Dear Janet, on the October issue of teen ink, I read your article “ I am a Jew in America”. I read it and at the end, I can say that I agree with you on this subject and matter. The reason why I agree with you is because I believe people shouldn’t be attacked because of their race and religion. I agree with you because I believe that every man and women should be judged by their actions, by what they do in life. I do understand how you feel though, why you’re scared; but don’t be. Instead, like you said, you should be “ proud of “... (Your) “ Religion and the community that comes with it ”. Saying that you’re proud of your community, is what the Nazis and bigots fear the most. That’s why they’re protesting, they want to drive fear into people, if you stay proud, if you judge a person by their character, then, they already have lost. I think everyone should be proud of their ancestors, yes, everyone probably has that one ancestor that what not so good, but, in the end, everyone should be proud of the good their community and ancestry has done for the world. Everyone should respect their past, because if you respect your past, you understand your future, and move forward to your future. That’s why I agree with you, I think we should promote healing and progress, instead of hate and corruption. Thank you Janet, for taking your time writing your article, it was a good one to read.