Feedback on "The Best Revenge I Ever Got" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "The Best Revenge I Ever Got"

By LoeyLo GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
LoeyLo GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

“The Best Revenge I Ever Got” by Angela Becker is about her life as a handicapped student at a young age and how she rose above her conditions and those that never expected much from her. She suffered from low self-esteem as a child because the teachers in her school were displeased with her “inability” to learn well. Fortunately, Becker’s fortitude combined with the support of friends and family enabled her to conquer those challenges. Despite the challenges Becker faced in the past, she is just as able, if not more, as any other student.
      Becker’s memoir teaches readers two highly important lessons: to push your limitations and that revenge can be enjoyed through self-improvement. Becker was told that she was “ineducable” by her teachers. However, she didn’t let that get her down. Through a love for education and well chosen friends, Becker undoubtedly conquered that misnomer. Her situation and how she dealt with it shows that we can be whoever we want to be, regardless of the people holding us back.
     Becker also proved her teachers wrong by rising far beyond their expectations. Contrary to what her younger self was perceived as, now she is a college student and excellent at learning. Specifically, the fact that she blew away the disabilities haunting her shows that instead of handling negativity aggressively, you can choose to deal with it internally and the experience, wisdom, and endurance you gain is more satisfying than wanting to take out your anger at somebody.
     All things considered, Becker’s tale is inspiring and shows the fulfilling, positive effects of the relentless pursuit of your goals.