I Hate the Internet Response | Teen Ink

I Hate the Internet Response

October 26, 2015
By mernst.2017 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
mernst.2017 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the article “I Hate the Internet” by “Evan,” the author describes how the Internet can be a very negative environment if you don’t agree with the consensus.  He also explains that if you go to different websites or pages on the same website you can find totally different groups of people with totally different opinions.  The author says that almost anywhere you can find “an argument turned flamewar.”  Although this is true, the Internet is more than just groups of people bashing on each other.

The author also touches on the fact that “almost anyone will tell you that the Internet is a wonderful tool that connects the world. It brings people together.” This is true, the Internet does bring people together, but it does so much more than that.  It allows for knowledge to be shared across the globe in a split second.  It also lets people of different walks of life connect with each other and gather new information about the world.  In my opinion, the Internet brings us together more than it divides us.