Feedback on Juvenile Injustice | Teen Ink

Feedback on Juvenile Injustice

January 14, 2015
By rjld12 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York, New York
rjld12 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York, New York
17 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Juvenile Injustice by Laura Hinkle highlights some of the horrible wrongs of our Judicial system. The article talks about how minors are often sentenced to adult prison where they are likely to die and have no chance at rehabilitation. The author says how teens actually have a high chance of being completely rehabilitated unlike adults and teens in adult prison are five times more likely to be raped in prison and eight times more likely to commit suicide. I was shocked by some of the horrible facts in the article.
     I am appalled by many of the facts in the article and that with such horrible information being readily availed most states have made no changes. According to Laura Hinkle, "Juveniles are harassed by adult inmates who are stronger." It is so horrible that happens it would seem that putting teenagers in an environment like this where they are, " twice as likely to be beaten by guards" and "50 percent more likely to be attacked with a weapon." it would vialote the 8th ammendment that forbids cruel and unusual punishment. Sentencing children to adult prisons is morally horrible.