Cyber-Bullying | Teen Ink

Cyber-Bullying

September 26, 2011
By Schube BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Schube BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In Shein Htike’s article in the September 2011 issue, Htike is saying that bullying in general is the big issue, and the media just tries to make cyber-bullying sound bad. He also says that another big factor isn’t the bullying itself; it has to do with the teen’s mental health.

I completely agree with what Htike is saying. Although bullying does happen on the Internet, most of it happens while the bully can see the victim. If a person thinks about it, it really does make more sense. While on the Internet, a bullying can’t see the other person to make fun of what he’s wearing or things along that line. Although there still is abuse over the web, it’s not as big as everyone says. Also, the teen’s mental health, I agree, does play a major role. For instance, two classmates are talking to each other via the Internet, and one of them makes a joke not intended to be rude and mean. The other person might take that joke way out of line and mean it in an entirely different way. I understand why the media is so worried about the topic, but more needs to be done to stop face-to-face bullying as well.