Changing Leaves | Teen Ink

Changing Leaves MAG

By Anonymous

     I really enjoyed “Changing Leaves” by Lalita R., because it’s true that many of us at the age of 14 think we have found the one and only, our true soul mate. But in reality, that person is probably not the one we will be with for the rest of our lives. It’s just someone we think we’re in love with, but usually we then see our differences and the relationship falls apart. We don’t know whom we are going to be with for the rest of our lives; only the “Man Upstairs” knows that.

Unlike the relationship in this article, I have never experienced what it feels like to have someone who cares about what makes me happy. I had a relationship where I tried to put our differences aside because I was told opposites attract. Well, I found out that this was not true (at least not in my case). For others I guess it could be true, but for us there were just too many differences.

This article really showed me even though we might think we have found “the one” or everyone thinks we are the perfect couple, it just may not be true, no matter how badly we want it to be. I’d like to conclude with one of my favorite quotes: “You don’t need to worry about those whom you have been with; instead pray for the one you will be with.