Review of | Teen Ink

Review of

By _brit_writer_06 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
_brit_writer_06 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

“The Creature in the Cage”, by Sophia Cotton is a rollercoaster! The plot was amazing, and I was gripped from the moment Andrew received the mysterious message, and was enthralled by the evil plot to enslave the creatures, which turned into an attempt to capture Andrew for alien experiments. However, the naming of the alien, “Crumble”, was a little bit lazy, and I was also very confused as to how we made contact, and how they spoke our language. Other than those missing details, this piece is awesome and really worth the 15 minutes of your time

Furthermore, Andrew’s struggle to save the creatures is captivating and eye-opening. This is an excellent allegory of the cruelties of animal testing, and of the search for trust in a suspicious world. I showed this piece to my friend, (who owns a dog), and he was outraged at the conniving  plot to put the animals into slavery, especially at this quote, “Cages lined the walls, each with a different animal”. I loved the way this literary masterpiece puts pressure on animal testing while providing a brilliant piece of writing