Feedback on “A Christmas Card” | Teen Ink

Feedback on “A Christmas Card”

December 10, 2018
By jasmineyy SILVER, New York, New York
jasmineyy SILVER, New York, New York
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“A Christmas Card” by Maura Sheedy is a cynical holiday card to the reader. It scratches the surface of a typically well-off family, but delves into deeper concerns of each member of the family and relationships within the family in a completely humorous manner. This is a great pice in that it twists common social issues into comedic issues while informing the reader about issues like these within a society.
I believe the piece may be relatable to some but also teach others about the topic. Although it does not seem informational at all, it teaches readers about this topic in a completely different way. According to the text, “Our son Matt us finishing up his first semester of his junior year in high school. He’s in student council, newspaper, forensics, student ambassadors, youth ministry, Model UN, Boy Scouts, fishing club, geek squad, students in support of legalization of heroin, manga as an alternative career, ISIS, and some other meaningful organizations.” “A Christmas Card” is a great cynical rendition of the typical holiday card with hints of humor and dark twists.