Feedback on Movie Review | Teen Ink

Feedback on Movie Review

November 3, 2018
By cindywu SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
cindywu SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I agree with the movie review of “Sierra Burgess is a Loser,” written by Hannah Gillam. Gillam wrote a negative review on the movie, really critiquing the Netflix original movie. She mentions how the cast of the movie was great and had the potential of making the movie better, however, the plot really dragged everything down. The movie romanticizes themes that shouldn’t be, especially since its demographics are young teens.

In the movie, the “loser” Sierra Burgess (played by Shannon Purser) catfished Jamey (played by Noah Centineo). Gillam writes, “Throughout the movie, you see Sierra catfishing Jamey (luring someone into a relationship by adopting a fictional online persona or in this case, pretending to be someone you’re not… Catfishing is not illegal in most places, but it can really hurt the person who is being catfished.” Sierra is desperate to keep the "thing" going on between her and Jamey, she tutors mean girl, Veronica. I disagree with the movie’s storyline and think it’s a movie you should definitely pass up, as Hannah Gillam says.