My Mom and Cigarettes | Teen Ink

My Mom and Cigarettes

January 29, 2010
By TheUnknownGuest GOLD, Woodbridge, Virginia
TheUnknownGuest GOLD, Woodbridge, Virginia
14 articles 4 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
I can't remember it clearly, but it went something like this:

"The past is the past, the future is the furture. But now, now is like a gift, which is why it is called present."


It's really easy to stop smoking. Really, if you think about it, all you need to do is really belive it's easy to quit and that there isn't any kind of addicting stuff in it. Sounds easier, doesn't it? Well my mom doesn't seem to think so. She has been smoking since she was 18 and she's turning 46 this year. She says, "It's harder to quit then losing weight" Yeah.... She's trying to lose a couple pounds as well.... But that's another story. She told me it all started one day at work when one of her "friends" asked if she wanted to try it. How stupid is that??! She should have said no and NEVER tried it.... EVER!!

My dad used to smoke. I guess they smoked together. But then my dad stoped. He said all he did was stop buying them. There you go, Mom! Proof right there on how simple it was! I really don't want you to get Lung Cancer..... I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE!! I love you, Mom!! Dad and the people at work don't know you still smoke. You have to keep buying mouth wash and ferbreez just to cover it! We also have a money problem.... hmm.... I WONDER WHY! We would save so much money if you didn't stop at those stupid cigarette stores every week!

I understand your "need" for cigarettes.... and I appreciate your trying to quit. But, could you maybe try a little harder next time? I really love you Mommy.... and I really don't want to not be able to see your beautiful face everyday.

Please try?



Love, Your Daughter

The author's comments:
My mom has been smoking for a while..... and I really don't want to see her go. I want her to be healthy! Any tips?