Saving the World: Too Easy | Teen Ink

Saving the World: Too Easy

More than fifty percent of a new aluminum can is made from recycled aluminum! More than fifty-six percent of the paper consumed in the U.S. in 2007 was recycled (an all time high!) Anyone can read these statements and be shocked by how far we have come in America with environmental awareness. We are on the right track to saving the world, and it is now time to turn up the dial and give it our all.

Plastic recycling is one of the most vital things Americans must take part in. Think about it -- we throw away enough aluminum every MONTH to rebuild our entire commercial air fleet. If that aluminum was recycled it could definitely have a greater purpose than to be thrown into the ground and sit there for years. The U.S. is the highest ranking trash maker of all the countries, so forward progress must start with us Americans.

We need recycling to become more of a habit than washing our hands. It involves the same motion as throwing away garbage, but it is the American’s choice if they want to walk the extra few steps to their bin. When people recruit others to recycle, they are probably wondering why someone would possibly turn this idea down. The fact of the matter is - recycling does not involve back breaking labor. Recycling saves the world, and it is just that easy.

We can save the world!! I have deep beliefs about this.

kebby said...
on Jan. 24 2009 at 7:20 pm
of course. your totally right. i hate how the people of the world have ruined the earth but yet i love how the people are trying their best to fix their mistakes.