They need our help | Teen Ink

They need our help

October 14, 2008
By Anonymous

They need our help
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason?” As said by Jack Handey. Have you ever wondered that? I feel we should think about how trees feel and whether or not they feel any thing at all. And if they do, well I want to help them.
First I would work on the conservation of the forests and try to keep the use of paper products down. I would write a letter to big paper product companies informing them of ways to make paper products with recycled paper and other things. And tell them that some people would rather buy their product for recycling and helping the environment.
Next or at the same time, I would ask the Idaho representative to try their best to make a one cut one plant law. And I would personally fund them. The law would make sure every tree that is cut down is planted with the exact same kind of tree and would not be able to be cut down until it is at least 8 feet tall. And tagged so people know that, that tree was planted in place of another tree. I feel people are just lazy because they cut down trees for wood but don’t plant new ones that can be cut later.
Finally I would get a group of volunteers and start a club that cleans up the forests and put recycling cans in campgrounds. We would go around and pick up all the trash and fix trails so people want to walk on them instead of wandering off and stepping on animal’s homes and killing plants.
I think we should respect Idaho forests and take care of them as much as we can. So why wouldn’t you help our forests because they can’t do it their selves.