Take a Moment to Paws: Stop Animal Cruelty | Teen Ink

Take a Moment to Paws: Stop Animal Cruelty

April 4, 2010
By xLoVeLyCuTiEe428x PLATINUM, Nanuet, New York
xLoVeLyCuTiEe428x PLATINUM, Nanuet, New York
24 articles 0 photos 102 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To me, Fearless is not the absense of fear. It's not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death."
— Taylor Swift


Throughout the world, animals are beaten, forced to fight each other, and neglected everyday. We must stop this and protect these poor, innocent creatures that have no voice.

We are their voice, and we must speak for them, through our words and actions.

We must protect these loving beings. They are killed or harmed through no fault of their own; through the fault of us humans, animals are dying.

Animals suffer because of us. Because of what we fail to do. Because of what we do. Because of what our neighbors do and what we don't stop.

Why people hurt animals is beyond me. Statistics often show that it is to gain a feeling of control.

The people that commit animal cruelty crimes often do them for the illusion of power. Power that they feel they earn by mistreating defenseless creatures. Often, these people will commit other crimes. Crimes of violence against humans, such as murder. Breaking animal cruelty laws not only seems to make them feel powerful and in control, it seems to make them feel confident and invincible.

Together, I believe we can put an end to the horrors of animal cruelty.


The author's comments:
As an animal lover, I believe animal cruelty is a horror that our society must eliminate. I believe animal cruelty claims the lives of guiltless creatures, and is something that we must put an end to.