Finding Myself | Teen Ink

Finding Myself

By ZacharyM BRONZE, Independence, Missouri
ZacharyM BRONZE, Independence, Missouri

I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
-Marilyn Monroe

Finding yourself isn't always the easiest thing to do. In my own story, It was possibly the hardest thing for me to do. 

I always used to be that odd kid that would always wear nice clothes, and sit in the back of the classroom with paper on the desk and crayons in my hand. I would always write the positive and negative things about myself, usually the negative over exceeded the positive. That's because I was Bullied. 

I was bullied for a number of reasons. Being to different. Being too skinny. Hanging with the girls at recess, I walked like a girl. I had a squeaky voice and sounded like I haven't hit puberity yet. 

"I'm too skinny, I'm not good enough for anything, I can't do anything right and no one will accept me, I get called names and forces myself to believe the things people say about me are true." Those are the thoughts that I always had going through my mind.

"What is wrong with me."

It wasn't until I was around 14, whenever I realized that what everything everyone said, wasn't true. It was my Freshman year of High School and I had something to admit. I had talked with the schools counselors and all of my teachers and they told me nothing was wrong with me, It was all in my head. If it was in my head, why did it all happen to me? Why didn't people accept me and why didn't people even want to get to know me. 

I realized that because of what people said, It made me the better and stronger person I am today. They changed my life. Most people can't say that bullying has made them a better person, I can. I overcame it. I am standing on my own two feet, living my life the way I want to, no regrets.

Bullying developed the person I am today. I don't have to hide myself. I don't have to listen to what people say about me. I am Human. I am worth living. I am worth something, If I fail at something, get back up and try again.

If it wasn't for those events in my life, I wouldn't be who or what I am today.

on Dec. 27 2014 at 11:00 am
Olaf.lover GOLD, Fairfax, Virginia

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

I'm not bullied, at least I don't think I am. Nothing seams to go right with my life either. I wait nice things, yet I don't want to be popular. I get yelled at, favored, and hatted. Because of that people make fun of me. Yet, I don't call it bullying. I can't remember the difference between dreams and memories anymore. All my dreams feel so real. Not only that but I remember them. I can totally relate to the beginning of your story, yet I am still wishing for the end of your story to come true...