Bullied to the Max | Teen Ink

Bullied to the Max

By CarlyKADJL SILVER, Sanborn, Iowa
CarlyKADJL SILVER, Sanborn, Iowa

It is one thing to make a choice. It is another thing to never have the chance.

She looked out the window as silent tears slowly spilled down her cheeks. She was too fat for society to look at. No one wanted her around anymore. More than twenty people had already told her so. She started to believe those horrid people, and she stopped eating. One day, when one of the last of the people she loved turned against her, she decided she'd had enough. She took thirty-one tylenol pills and called her mom to say goodbye. Her mother cried for her precious daughter, and didn't know what to do. The girl hung up the phone and started to feel dizzy and she couldn't see straight. Her stomach hurt very badly and she wanted nothing more than to just fall asleep. When her father came home with burgers, she quickly ate and went to her room to take a nap. While she was laying in bed thinking about her ridiculous life, she prayed. She asked the Lord what she should do. Every time she asked, she got an image of her father in her head. Her mother called her father while she waas in bed and told him what happened. When her father asked her about it, she denied it so that she could die in peace. Finally, the pain grew almost unbearable and she was shaking violently. She decided to tell her father about what happened. He swore quite loudly and told her to get in the car. When he took her to the hospital and the nurses asked her why she had taken the pills, she told them all about the bullies and the pain she felt in her heart. All of the nurses tried very hard to help her so they got some medicine to help the acetaminophen out of her system. One of the nurses held her hand while she was being strapped to a gurney to be put in an ambulance and taken to a better hospital. The nurse started to cry as she told the girl about her daughter. The nurse was afraid that her daughter might try suicide and she was very afraid. She told the girl to hold onto life for as long as she could because there would always be someone who loved her. The girl made a decision right then and there that she would do just that. As soon as she got better she went to a behavioral health clinic for a week. She met another girl who had the same problem that she did. The talked and cried together and promised each other that each of them would be strong from then on. When the girl went home, she stood up to the bullies and showed them that she was stronger than they thought she was. After awhile, the bullies became nicer and nicer to her because they saw that she would never back down. She was in eighth grade when all of this happened, but now the girl is much happier. She is almost a freshman in high school and she has a lot more friends who always stand by her side and lift her up when she feels down. That girl is me, and those bullies were my classmates. I will be strong for every girl or boy who has to go through the same things that I did. Life isn't always going to be perfect, but it's our job to make the most of it and I encourage everyone to do that. Keep your head up and show those bullies what you're made of.

This is a true story about me. I hope that people might see the pain that bullying causes for people.

write_to_express16 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."

"If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price."

"Never dull your shine for somebody else."

I think your writing is really good and you are probably very beautiful. I'm sorry for everything that you've been through. Personally, I don't judge people by appearance, especially not weight. I'm glad that you've learned things from the struggles you have been through!