Too Much | Teen Ink

Too Much

March 14, 2013
By MikaylaMcA GOLD, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
MikaylaMcA GOLD, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
10 articles 28 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"
-Oscar Wilde


My body quivers. I can feel the anxiety building up and overflowing through my paper thin veins. I feel as though I could burst at any second. The dampness of my palms makes my grasp on the wheel hard to keep. Black dots from lack of of oxygen start to cloud my vision. The yellow lines mesh together. The headlights don’t help, they just keep the pounding in my head steady. I need quiet. I need darkness. I need this to end. I should have told him the truth months ago. I should have told him. I knew it would end like this. His words bounce through the cavity in my head.

Whore. Liar. Worthless. Hate. Nothing.

My hands shake. The salty water falling from my eyes stings my wind chapped lips. I should have told him. All of the sneaking around. All of the deleted messages. All of the half hearted I love you s while my heart was somewhere else. I never wanted to hurt him. I didn’t mean to fall out of love. I didn’t want this.

Whore. Liar. Worthless. Hate. Nothing

I deserve this. I deserve the rumors. I deserve the whispers. They all hate me. I’m just the girl who messed it up. I had everything. He loved me more than anything.

Whore. Liar. Worthless. Hate Nothing.

But it’s too much. I can’t handle this anymore. Their stares. Their sneers. Their judgement. It’s all too much.

Whore. Liar. Worthless. Hate Nothing.

A horn blares.
The lights come closer.
The jolt sends me flying across the seat.
The car flips.
And flips.
And flips.

Finally.
Darkness.
Quiet.

They hate me.
He hates me.
I hate me.


The author's comments:
This piece illustrates how rumors and bullying can push someone over the edge.