Bullying: The 'Legal' Crime | Teen Ink

Bullying: The 'Legal' Crime

By livingparadox GOLD, Dhaka, Other
livingparadox GOLD, Dhaka, Other

Growing up is beautiful.
The first footstep which we had taken was our greatest match ever and the cheerleaders were our beloved parents. After that, choosing ice-cream flavors became the hardest decisions of our life. Then, came the interesting-most part: teen life, where every mistake was candy-delicious! Gradually, teen hood knocks on the door and our parents start missing the constant claims we used to make in our childhood about silly-small things; as like: demanding for chocolates as soon as our parents returned home!
However, for some reasons, nowadays our parents cannot expect more than just a ‘hey’ after we return from school or a friends’ get-together; whereas their dreams about us were something else. We start saying it’s our own life and we abide the right to live it the way we want; although our life hasn’t even began but we’ve dared to overlook the fact!
Through it all, we get the share of our own mistakes and happiness and finally grow up! But, in middle of all this normal acts something does stay for the sake of building experiences in our life and some as building dangers and spoiling the future. As a matter of fact – mostly teen hood is being the victim of such situations.
Unaware by the world, we, the children undergo different circumstances in our life. Every move of us tolerates a reason. Especially when we come to relish our teen stage, gears turn into a new phase. Other than physical changes, growing up does involve psychological enhancements as well. No wonder, that’s the reason why our parents wants us to get admitted to a good school where the environment is crystal-pure and perfect.
Even after that, gradually, we start making fake acts to bunk school. No, this isn’t bunking; maybe a vain-try to escape our melancholy days!
Dear teens admit it. We all have been bullied or gone through bullying once or more than that in our life. In this state, one could be the player or the victim but the case still remains the same.
Why do you think you were bullied? Maybe, you are different from them in just a case and they try to define the whole of you by that. Or, your physical or psychological appearances didn’t match with theirs and it seems to be quite a good reason for them to take the advantage of. Otherwise, they want to get your attention but in a negative manner. They might even bully you for meeting their needs, forcefully though.
Certain stages appear when we feel insecure inside of us; become uncertain of what we ought to do. Or, we try to fix things up by ourselves unaware of the depression-masks that remain over our faces. As a result, gears fall apart. Parents think, we’ve grown up and showcasing the distance between them and us. Unfortunately, none of us bothers to examine the inconvenient fact of the legal crime taking place globally!
As a result of this legal abuse, we grow up accepting the fake-humongous fact that, yes, we’re different. We lack confidence and become afraid to let the inner part of us shine. Why? Because previously, certain things were never in our favor. We wanted someone to stand up for us; it could be our parents or a favorite teacher. Things would have been different by now if that ‘one day’ hadn’t changed the real us.
No, I do not blame anyone. It could be us who made the mistake by not sharing our problems with adults and thinking we’d be able to solve them on our own. Or, maybe, our parents didn’t pay much of an attention when we tried to explain it. But whatever the case is, the result stands the same: psychological and physical imbalance and sometimes, suicide!
If you’re wondering why I’ve named bullying a legal crime then have a moment to think. If you’d ever complained about such issues to a teacher or parents, would they listen to every word of yours? They’ll have their statement as: kids will be kids. That’s why they are kids! Nonetheless, they realize it could have changed their own kids’ life if only they had taken a step about it.
Dear parents and teachers, all we want you is to understand us other than underestimating us. We want you to listen to us and make us feel that yes, there are people out there who has respect towards our feelings. Every year there are 16, 000 children committing suicide for being bullied. What was their fault? Maybe, they had a drop in their grades; torn clothes; not enough money for lunch; not fashionable enough; not being permitted to attend a friends’ party.
Just think if they’d listened to their kids on the very first day and tried to solve their issues, those poor souls might have not chosen the death path. They would have been a new Einstein, or a modern Shakespeare!
Time’s running. Take steps, please. One of us could be the very next.

CatNovelist GOLD, Berkeley, California

"If you can quit writing, then quit. If you can't quit, you're a writer."

Amazing, very touching.

WallFlowerAlice GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

"Why wait when you only live once? Go out there dance, smile, and enjoy yourself! If your not having fun then darling your doing something wrong!"
- Therese

"I was truly touched this is amazing Bene, Bene!" said Alison

livingparadox GOLD, Dhaka, Other
It's my pleasure Alice! I thank you for reading my article :) yes, of course! Speak up for yourself and tell the world about your story! All the best <3 

Alice-Love BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

Don't cry because it's over, but smile because it happened

thank you. this is touching. i think i might go write an article now about the times when me and my friends were bullied. once again thank you:)