A letter to my future husband | Teen Ink

A letter to my future husband

By LeilaCruz SILVER, Quezon City, Other
LeilaCruz SILVER, Quezon City, Other

Dear future husband,

I’m really sorry in advance but it would be really hard to make me say “yes” to you. I won’t believe you. I won’t believe any sweet words you’ll say. I won’t believe through chocolates, flowers or any gifts you’ll give. I won’t believe you, nor any of your talents, money, fame, appearance or intelligence. I won’t believe you even if you go to church every day and claim to be a Christian. To me, you’re just another boy out there.

Prove to me that you’re a man of God. You know how? Well, you don’t need to show me anything, you don’t even need to pursue me, PURSUE GOD. Pursue my creator, protector and father. Love Him more than anything else, and at the right time, ask Him for my hand.

You know, you don’t need to search for anything that would make me happy, after all, I’m not that girl that dwell on happiness anymore. I realized that this world’s definition of “happiness” is foolish, it is just a temporary thing, it can’t be kept. Actually, my smiles are cheap, yet they fade easily. Flowers, teddies and chocolates will make me smile for ~8 seconds, poems and letters for ~10, and some music for ~12, but, all of those are not even worth 1/nth of a lifetime. Search for something that will make God happy, search for it every day, every single second you have, then, he might give you my lifetime, and I promise, I’ll smile with you every single moment we’ll spent together.

“Through the good, and the bad, and the ugly” may it be, I’ll be there by your side. Yet, boy, if you’re reading this right now, I honestly can’t give you even a single space in my heart. Currently, this heart is that of a child– unsteady, unripe and broken, and I won’t let you have this kind of girl. I need more lessons from my Father. I need to contain myself, because right now, I am a raging fire, and I’ll only destroy you and burn the chance of a future with you. I won’t make a mistake again.

I’m sorry for a raise of standard, actually, I’m not asking you to be perfect, it is just that, you need to be validated by the one who is perfect. Study hard, love your parents (your family), learn to respect others, aim for a future, love God and follow Him.

I’m asking for this because, I’m a serious girl and well, you’re not just aiming for a trial-and-error relationship, right? You’re aiming for a relationship that lasts ‘til death. Well, you need to be a man (no one wants to baby sit a boy) and personally, if it is me, I would want a man that will be the role model of my brother and a standard of my cousins. Someday, these girls of mine (referring to my cousins), will also be courted, and I won’t let them be harmed by somekids, so I won’t chose someone who is a bad influence. Then, I also have these extraordinary parents, who laid everything they have for my sake. I would hate a man who’ll disrespect them, for all you know, I’m a girl, but my fist will certainly land on your face if you even try to hurt them. I already caused too much pain in their hearts, and it will kill me to see them experience that again.

Be a mature Christian, a man of God, then, you won’t need to be afraid of rejection, God will take care of everything. If you’ll reach His hand, you’ll certainly reach mine.

Have God, and I won’t doubt that thing you called “LOVE” :).

Sincerely yours,

the girl who wishes to be known for her pure heart

on Jul. 10 2015 at 2:37 am
LeilaCruz SILVER, Quezon City, Other
thank you!

on Jul. 10 2015 at 2:36 am
LeilaCruz SILVER, Quezon City, Other
thank you so much!

cole said...
on Jul. 9 2015 at 7:48 am
Well said! This is a good inspiration to teenagers!

on Jul. 9 2015 at 12:34 am
ThisEmilyDa1 SILVER, BF, New Mexico

only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile
-Albert Instien
the only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

YES! Just yes, I agree completely. Thank you for writing this keep it up