Bits and Pieces of Me | Teen Ink

Bits and Pieces of Me

December 10, 2011
By simpleandtrue PLATINUM, Moraga, California
simpleandtrue PLATINUM, Moraga, California
28 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
\'let the life that you live dictate who you are, not Facebook.\'


In high school, teenagers are on a road to self-discovery. As a high school senior, I am still finding bits and pieces of myself. I like to call this journey “self-recollection.” Sometimes, I am the bold debater. Other times, I am the listener in the back of the room who takes notes.
Overall, my experiences and mistakes have shaped me into the person I am. As I write my college application essays, I am thankful for the amazing life that I have lived to write out my unique stories. There is nothing like weaving life into music, letting a childhood nightmare develop a resilience that will take me far, or being a lifelong sister. I can say that my dignity is built from knowing who I am, after bracing through the waves and feeling rays of sunshine.

Wherever I go, I like to live with some zest. It’s good to be a little naïve, to dress in gold instead of yellow, to dance in the rain when no one is listening. We are young with a wonderful life ahead of us. It’s good to try new things, go to new places, and make new footsteps. These experiences will only add up to your identity.


The author's comments:
I want to share with others that it's okay to not be defined at the moment. Take the time to breathe, explore, and collect.