abortion | Teen Ink

abortion

By raphealyounan BRONZE, Hemet, California
raphealyounan BRONZE, Hemet, California

I never thought this would be me I am 15 years old going against my Coptic orthodox Christian beliefs and saying that abortion should be legalized and yes it’s okay for women to chose whether they want to keep the child or not.  People may ask me why i have this stand right here its because it's the woman's life who are we tell them what to do when Jesus himself did judge the Samaritan woman in the bible now if you don't know the story it's basically the story of a prostitute that meet Jesus while filling water from a well and Jesus took her despite all her sin and did not judge her yes indeed he told her what she was doing was wrong but after that he left and she made her own path. We should do what Jesus did tell the women that she is killing an innocent soal and that what she is doing is morally wrong and that she can have the child but then but him in an adoption center yet she is the one that will decide what do. I also say that abortion should be legalized because of rape why should a 14-year-old go through the pain of childbirth because she got raped and even if the women got pregnant because of abortion and ended up having that child and placing him in an adoption center there a ton of kids that are already in foster care so he has a very low chance of being adopted and after the age of 18 he becomes homeless which increases the number of people using government benefits which increase taxes because the government doesn’t have enough money to support all of those people.