The Disappearance of Mr. Millsborough | Teen Ink

The Disappearance of Mr. Millsborough

December 5, 2017
By Anonymous

Before reading, know that this story is a COMPLETE FANTASY, and is not to be taken seriously.    
                                          The Case
To think that I had thought that I would never have taken another detective case again. But it isn’t every day that the CEO of Samsung disappears. Oh it was just so tempting to think of! Alex Hancock’s last case! The one that would top off all others! But anyway on June 23 2006 famous CEO of Samsung Mr. Millsborough disappeared. As you can probably imagine, the case naturally interested me.  And here I am, walking into the Samsung building to talk to all of the workers. When I walked into the room they had all seemed a little nervous until they saw me. Some looked at me in surprise. Others looked in confusion. I can fathom both responses. I walked in with my under armor T-shirt, my Nike shoes and sweat pants on, and was currently preoccupied with the Angry Birds app on my phone. I expected insults, but they must have been desperate. Now it was my turn to take a brief look at all of them for a moment. They all seem to be very concerned, and almost unsure of what they were doing.

                                    The Evidence
Without words they take me to Mr. Millsborough’s office, and then to his house. I see that he has really disappeared from each. But when I had walked in to the man’s office it was completely messed up, and disorganized. This I had found odd because when I had visited his house it was extremely organized, rather than the man’s office. It looks like someone had a late night in the office. But in order to make sure, while I was in Mr Millsborough’s office I decided to check if private computer files had been accessed lately. There was only one. All the works of the Samsung Galaxy S11 had been deleted. I had two theories. Either Mr Millsborough had gone crazy, or some rival company had tried to ruin the reputation of Samsung. I was almost completely sure of the second one. But to be sure I decided to check the cameras that were on all day, and all night. It turned out that the cameras were shut off for three hours, proving my second theory. But if Mr. Millsborough was not spending the night here, and he never went to his house on the twenty-third where was he? So I then went to my computer to check where he might be. I checked all first class flights leaving the day that Mr. Millsborough disappeared going to Hawaii on Alaska Airlines. I found a ticket for a “famous unnamed business man” on a plane where they had cleared the plane just for this one passenger.

                                      The Solution
I had decided to tell the board of Samsung the information that I had found so far. When I walked in I was attacked with questions.
“Well?”
“Did you find him?”
“Where did boss Millsborough go?”
“Look, I know where he is, but I also found some other useful information.” I replied. Without missing a beat, another said
“ Well? What’s the information? Where’s Mr. Millsborough?”
“Well, you see I am completely sure that your boss, Mr Millsborough, took a little week off and went to Hawaii. But, when looking in his office I found out that the file containing all of the evidence for the Samsung Galaxy S11 was deleted in the middle of the night. It was quite a simple case.” For a moment they all seemed to digest what I had just said, as they all stared at each other.
“Thank you Mr. Hancock. Your services are no longer needed.”

                                       The Twist
So I got home and began planning a trip to Hawaii of my own when I came to a sudden realization. I thought it through once more just to be sure. I was sure. I jumped out of my chair and ran to my car. It was very convenient indeed that the Apple building was only fifteen minutes away from the Samsung building. So I was there shortly. I had to run inside so I was not to late. When I ran in I immediately began trying to find the conference room. When I finally got there I found the room in what seemed to be a war.
“There is no way our company would have done that!”
“If not you than who did?”
“Do you have any proof that we did it?”
“We have proof that someone did!”
“Prove it!”
“You there!” A woman pointed to me. “You saw! Don’t you agree!”
“I did,” I began “when I saw that the computer file of Samsung Galaxy S11 was deleted. But I thought about it, and now I know the truth.”
“Prove it!” Said one.
“Well I had only known because of the mistake you made. You see, the room was wrecked because the person who infiltrated the building had either deleted many files, or did not know where they were, and tried to find out. But that was not the case. As you see you tried to do one of those, but you had only accessed one file, and only deleted one file. That explains everything. You thought that Mr Millsborough would disapprove of this, so you sent him on a surprise vacation. Then you used the disappearance as an excuse to get a detective to agree with the fact that Apple stole the Galaxy S11 so you would be able to sue them, and then run them out of business. This also explains why you were so nervous when I first saw you! You had never actually committed a crime before!” Only now did I had the door opened. There were business people, visitors, and news reporters were staring in complete wonder. So then I walked home, and kept planning my trip to Hawaii, which was sure to have NO detective cases.