Want You | Teen Ink

Want You

By vanesaaa SILVER, Sacramento, California
vanesaaa SILVER, Sacramento, California

"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." - Maya Angelou

I woke up around 2:09 a.m. feeling a heavy pressure on my chest, gasping for air. I sense something is terribly wrong.  I didn't know what was wrong. Pitch dark, couldn't see a single thing. I felt so scared but didn't have a clue as into why. Probably if i close my eyes and start praying this feeling will go away.
  Loudy I start praying, “Padre nuestro que estás en el…”. I stop as i start hearing a low voice of a girl screaming, it was low but yet so vicious.
I start praying once again but louder. My heart starts racing, I pull the blanket quickly over my body. My eyes tight as possible and my body curled up shaking. The voice grew louder and more tense.
“AHHHHHHHHH,” the scream grew.
Suddenly the voice fades away. I dare to get out of the blanket but yet with my eyes closed. The vibe in the air gets heavy, it sort of makes it hard to breath. I open my eyes, I see not a single thing. As i look around my room, my eyes stop at the door. There it was, a girl about 10 years old wearing a vintage white dress covered in blood. Looking directly in my eyes as if she wants to kill me. I couldn't move as if though i forgot how to move my body. She starts walking quickly towards me. I quickly run to the far end of the room curled up in the corner with my hands covering my eyes. There i was for about five minutes.
Slowly i remove a finger for my eyes to take a glance. Nothing. I remove both hands from my eyes. The room felt extremely cold, confused because the heater was on.  For next couple of minutes nothing happened, it was awkwardly quiet the whole time. Until i start to hear a laugh. I could hardly hear it. I search for where the laugh was coming from. Nothing appeared. The laugh got louder and different laughs started to appear.
“Hahahahahahahahaha” was all i can hear it was as if all the laughs were in my head.
I lose control of what i'm feeling and thinking. I grab my hair in frustration then scream “what do you want!”
Lost in the laughs i hear a little girl's voice say “ You ”.

What inspired me to write the story was from watching many scary movies. Intresting thing was that I actually dreamed of the story i wrote a little different but very similar.