3:30 am | Teen Ink

3:30 am

By juliette_183 BRONZE, Providence, Rhode Island
juliette_183 BRONZE, Providence, Rhode Island

It was a cold and misty night. I couldn’t fall asleep. My dog wouldn’t stop barking and my cat wouldn’t stop meowing. I glanced at the clock and it was 3:29. As I watch the clock turn to 3:30 my dog stopped barking and ran out of my room. My cat jumped of my bed and hid under my dresser. They had never behaved like this. My dog and my cat were terrified for some reason. They were both crying. Then my sheets started moving. They slowly start to seep of my bed and onto the ground. Then suddenly my mirror fell of my dresser and shattered. As I was about to get up that’s when the scratching started. I was terrified at this point. It sounded like there were hundreds of squirrels scratching at my walls. I went to turn the light on and there was already a hand there. The hand quickly pulls out from under mine and scurries up the wall.  There was something on my ceiling staring back at me. This thing was screaming. I wasn’t alone in my room. As I look around I can hear whispers. I can hear them clearly. It’s like they are laying in my bed with me. I hear them say “You can look left, you can look right, you can look down, but you can’t look up because she doesn’t like being seen. I go to turn the light on and I slowly look up. She locks her eyes with mine. I am frozen in fright. Her cold eyes staring at me and her mangled teeth grinning at me. Then it stopped. Everything went quiet. That’s when I woke up. I was relieved it was just a scary dream. It was all a nightmare. My dog was at the foot of my bed and everything was right. Then the clock strikes 3:30 and the sheets starts slipping of my bed.

I love scary stories. I hope this story gives you the chills. Thanks for reading.