WHO.WAS.IT? | Teen Ink

WHO.WAS.IT?

By Diyanasaurus SILVER, Kuala Lumpur, Other
Diyanasaurus SILVER, Kuala Lumpur, Other

And screams were heard all over the house . Screams of people in pain , people who were suffering . And who ever thought that a little girl was standing at the corner of the room......laughing .

It was one normal day for Sarah's family . Sarah and her little annoying sister , Charrlotte was wasting their holiday in front of the television watching their favourite series , Friends . They were waiting for lunch to be ready . " Mom! Is lunch ready yet ? I'm hungryyy," Sarah said while her hands were rubbing  her stomach . " A minute dear , the potatoes are not ready yet , " mother said with her lovely voice . Father who was always busy at work eventhough it's a public holiday . " Mom , when is dad gonna come home ? He is always away ," said the little one . Mom always says that dad works so hard for the family as he wants to supply the best education for the kids .

After lunch , Sarah went out to play with her friends . She cycled to her bestfriend's house , Janet which was only a couple minutes away . They were always together 24/7 . Janet was the one who knows all of Sarah's deep and darkest secrects . " So , what adventure shall we do today ?" Janet said excitedly . " Well , I always wanted to explore the empty house that I saw on the way here ," Sarah said with full of excitement . Janet couldn't be more excited hearing about the house .

Torchlights, magnifying glasses, ghost detector toy and some snacks to munch . The two girls pack their bags like they were going ghost huntings . They parked their bicycles and ran towards the front door . The front door was left opened . " It wasn't open when I was cycling to your house just now ," said Sarah with a scared tone . " Stop trying to make me scared, Sarah ! Let's just get in , it'll be fun ," Janet grabbed her backbag and entered the house with no sign of fear . Sarah gulped and said " This better be a good idea ," .

They decided to explore the upper level first . They went from one room to another . They didn't  want to miss a single one . Then , Janet saw a hidden room at the end of the corridor . " Cool looking room , aye mate ? " Janet was already heading to the room like she was an inspector of some sort . " Stop . This could be dangerous , Jane . Let's just head home ," Sarah said while pulling Janet's hand . Janet refused to follow as she already had gotten her hand on the door knob . The door creaked open . Sarah who was hesitant still followed her bestfriend as she was afraid that something will happen to her .

"Look at this room , it looks straight like a horror movie ," Janet  said with amazement . " It doesn't just look like it , but it is one ," mumbled Sarah . Suddenly , on a dusty table , Janet found a note that said , " You're next " . And there were stains of blood on the mirror . Janet thought it was a joke and continued looking through the junks in the room . Sarah then found something that caught her eye . It was a mirror . The mirror looked like it was just bought yesterday . It was clean without a single dust on it . When Sarah looked at her reflection on the mirror , she was so shocked till the mirror was dropped to the floor and it caused the mirror to break into million of small tiny bits of glass . It was not because of her face she was shocked , but the woman behind her .

Sarah suddenly became possesed by the woman who was wearing a black dress . She took the biggest broken glass on the floor and headed to Janet . " Hey , you found anything back there , Sarah ? " Said Janet who was still searching through boxes in the room . As Janet turned her head to talk to Sarah , a glass pierced through her left eye . Ther was blood splashing everywhere on the floor . Sarah then drop the glass and fainted on the  floor unconciously .

The police arrived at the crime scene the day after the incident after the people who lived nearby the empty house called the police that they smelled something coming from the house . The two girls were hanging in the middle of the house . The families of the victim were extremely shocked as they knew their girls wouldn't do such a thing like that . Sarah's little sister was crying when she heard the news . She always stayed in the toilet . Her parents said that she was too sad of her lost as she loved her sister dearly . When everybody went back , the two families of the victim stayed a little longer .

When they were sitting at the house's living room at night , the lights suddenly went off . They went to find the switch but it was nowhere to be found . And in a blink of an eye , they were all seperated from each other . And when the lights were on back , everyone was hanged by pretty fairy lights just like Sarah and Janet .

There was a shadow at the corner of the room watching the bodies . A small shadow that was holding leftover fairy lights that was used to hang the family . " Finally you're all dead," said the small girl as she laughed loudly . As the girl started to walk towards light , it was no other than , Charrlotte .

~THE END~