Beautiful Art | Teen Ink

Beautiful Art

By ILikeKitties SILVER, Sacramento, California
ILikeKitties SILVER, Sacramento, California

I breathed heavily in the dark atmosphere. Goosebumps on my back as I walked through the shiny marble floor panels, that seemed to be so well taken care of, it was hard to think this place was deserted.
       “I need to find the others.” I muttered to myself as I wiped my sweaty palms on my ragged jeans.
         Suddenly I felt leering eyes on me. I froze, cold sweat ran down my chicken-skinned back. I quickly regained my senses and  checked my surroundings. The presence of something watching me disappeared. I could barely see anything in the pitch black halls. Telling myself it was just my imagination I continued on nervously. But deep down inside I knew HE was there, watching my every move like a starving predator. His internal desire to turn me into a display at an art museum sent shivers down my body, it felt as if I was being stabbed with a thousand needles gently piercing my skin. So gentle, yet so devastating. Dang! How did this even happen?!
       “Hey John, what are you doing this Halloween?” My brother Tod asked
       “Well, I was thinking of staying home and cry in bed with ice cream due to the fact that I have no life, you know the usual.” I said nonchalantly slightly dozed off
         “Or, you could do something exciting and  come with me and Tod to Hallow Manor!” My best friend Rob said with an grin giving me a thumbs up.
          “W-Wait w-what? When did you decide that I was coming?!” Tod said slightly stuttering
         “Uh, when I thought we should go to Hallow Manor on Halloween!” Rob said as if it was obvious.
           Interested  in the topic of their conversation  I asked “ What’s this Hallow Manor you guys are talking about?” My head tilted to the side, curious.
          “Huehuehuehue, Hallow Manor is a giant manor in the middle of the woods, legend says that the owners of the Manor were all brutally murdered and now they’re  spirits haunt the Manor, Whoever goes in the Manor never gets out!” Rob explained with a mischievous grin.
        “ W-Well, according to rumors…r-right?” Tod half-stated nervously.
     Tod on my side was scared straight with his teeth like a looney tunes character. Meanwhile I was genuinely intrigued.
    “ Wow that sounds awesome, we’re going tomorrow!” I demanded with my eyes sparkling

Darn it! Now look at us, all split up in this horrendous place. When we first entered  it was fun and adventurous, until we saw THAT place and HE  appeared. Bodies, all carved up like flowers , each uniquely cut, on pedestals as if to be on display.
          I nearly barfed upon laying my eyes on the corpses, some with their insides somehow fresh and intact ignoring the fact that the flesh surrounding it was all shredded up. Rob had all of the colors drained out of his face as Tod was barfing on the side.
      “ Ahhh, isn’t it beautiful?”  The tall slender man with a pretty face suddenly appeared out of nowhere admiring the carved up corpses.
      “ Wouldn’t you lot make a fine addition to my work?” he said adjusting his suit and pulling out a beautiful elegant knife with a smile on his face full of sharp features.
      “Run!” I screamed out my lungs as we all jetted out in separate directions. I ran and ran and then all of a sudden I found myself lost and alone.

“Man I hope they’re ok. Who was that guy with all the corpses, did he do that? Well probably considering  he said he was going to do that with us. What is this how did these get like this, this was just suppose to be a fun  Halloween night!” I muttered to myself as so many things were going around my head at once.
    Suddenly I came across a big shiny red door. A way out! I quickly ran to it with all my energy. Put my two worn out hands on the two handles and pulled. But what I laid my eyes on was not a way out, definitely not. It was Tod and Rob , at least what was left of them. There behind the doors stood Tods and Robs corpse on platforms.
    Tod’s torso was  cut in a perfect symmetrical rectangle. In it was a pool of blood that refused to leak out it was a horrendous sight, yet it was elegant. It was as if his torso was carved up like a jack-o-lantern and after the innards were rooted out, the empty torso was filled with fresh silky blood. The blood was so still as if a single drop of movement would cause a tsunami in the pool of blood. In the dead center was tod’s severed head, his cranium carved in resembling a coconut that was chopped just at the top so you could stick a straw in and enjoy. But instead of coconut juice there was rich colorful blood. His head floated peacefully like a lost ship in the middle of a ocean.
    Next to Tod was Rob, his limbs were all cleanly severed off, making it seem that he never had limbs in the first place. At his torso was his fresh flesh cut up, overlapping each other forming petals like a rose. His limbs used as side decorations, the bones, fingers, etc. Like how Native Americans would use every part of the prey they hunted . Every part of Rob was used to make this piece of “display”. At the very center of the overlapping flesh was his head.
    What is this?..Tod?..Rob? I refuse to believe this, they’re still safe and alive, this isn’t them! I fell to my knees as tears flowed down my cheeks. So many emotions ran down  my body that Kristen Stewart would never feel. Sadness , Anger, Shock, regret, guilt. I didn’t know what to do, I was losing my wsanity.
   “ Ahh, I see you’ve found my Hall of Fame, How do you like my two latest pieces. I call them The Fountain of Youth, and The Flower Pot, beautiful aren’t they?” The man said with a creepy smile .“You should be proud of your friends, after all only absolute perfection is displayed in this room.” He pointed to the bodies on other platforms.
    I didn’t even listen to him I was too occupied by the emotions surging in me. But when I got off my hands and knees, I saw him. The man who- No! The monster who did this! I didn’t know what to do a part of me wanted to destroy him but my instincts were screaming at me to get away because there is absolute no way I can defeat him in a one on one duel.
   “ W-What are you?” I managed to crack out of my paralyzed state, unable to move a muscle.
    “Hmm, I’m just an artist.” He replied with a smile that resembled a kindergarten teacher’s smile. “Now THIS artist will show you his beautiful skills.” The man said “ I can tell you just by looking you’re going to be a perfect masterpiece. Don’t worry I’ll put you right next to your dear friends, that way you three can be beautiful together for eternity.” He said craning his neck to the side with a sadistic grin that threatened to split his face in half.
     He took his pure virgin knife and licked it from the hem to the tip.
   “Don’t worry, I’ll make you beautiful.”

Suddenly I felt leering eyes on me. I froze, cold sweat ran down my chicken-skinned back.

msully44 BRONZE, Plymouth, Massachusetts

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

I really enjoyed this! You've got talent, keep it up