The Nursery | Teen Ink

The Nursery

By Fanfiction13 PLATINUM, Somewhere, Other
Fanfiction13 PLATINUM, Somewhere, Other

There's no fame without fans.

I cautiously walked into the room. Darkness enveloped the entire area as if it was an endless hole leading to nothing but death. A shadow was visible, but it seemed to be completely unaware of my presence.  Knowing danger lurked in the midst of darkness, I reluctantly ventured deeper into its depths. The room created a sense of evil that was spine-chilling as I explored every horror it beheld. Silhouettes occasionally appeared within the darkness, unmoving like the figure first observed. I smelt the metallic taste of iron near the unidentifiable figures. Approaching the figure slowly at the other end of the room, an ominous groan could be heard. About to touch the figure after a few more steps, it turned around suddenly while simultaneously the lights turned on.
Quickly accessing my now visible surroundings, I discover what those silhouettes were. Amongst the now visible hardwood floor and pink patterned walls were perfectly placed cribs in each corner of the room. The pink wall was a vibrant rainbow in the sinister room. All of the cribs held the corpses of four babies, one baby in each. There was one in front of me, turning its head backwards in a gruesome motion, like it was an owl, crawling on all four toward me. The previously audible groaning was now a mumbled word continually getting louder as it gruesomely crawls toward me.
In a satanic like voice, the word is heard. “momma. Momma. MOMMA!” Panically scampering away from the demonic baby that was almost in front of me with murderous intentions, my hand touches something liquidy and slightly warm as the object gives way under my hand’s pressure. I look behind me, completely ignoring the approaching danger. Behind me is the corpse of a young lady with bite marks covering her body entirely as if a pack of wolves attacked her. The savage baby was gaining on me, but another occurrence brought my attention from it.
All around the room, the four bodies previously assumed to be dead were now rising from their deception, as if they were bears waking up from hibernation. Gathering up as much courage and strength as possible despite my frightened demeanor, I get up to run to the entrance of the room and escape. It was so frightening, a mute man would be able to scream. SNAP! My legs suddenly felt weak and were forcefully being pulled back. I managed to weakly turn my head; I noticed five evil babies on top of and next to me.
The five insidious infants were biting into my skin similar to a pack of animals that were starved for weeks. They were pulling my skin off like a blister being pulled from recently burnt skin. They continually bit into my skin as if they had so much of an undying hunger that they could eat an entire horse. I felt my eyes closing. The lights began to laugh at my unfortunate event by turning themselves off. Slowly dying of infection, not from the bites, I knew it was time to pay the piper.  I could feel my lips with the slight taste of bland, but warm blood unwillingly mutter a word so familiar, but now represented horror itself. “Momma.”