Wild Encounter | Teen Ink

Wild Encounter

By Fanfiction13 PLATINUM, Somewhere, Other
Fanfiction13 PLATINUM, Somewhere, Other

There's no fame without fans.

I was running beyond my limits. They found me, I can’t believe they found me.
They had chased me down to an old abandoned warehouse. I had been so careful with my every move since I murdered them. I had a new identity, new family, new life. Then they had to come and screw it up.
They barged into my house and pushed my wife and kids aside to tackle me down. I was swift and was able to dodge their attempts at capturing me. I ran as fast as I could down the fire escape to the alleyway below our apartment. I pushed trashcans filled to the brim with trash to try to stop my pursuers, but to no avail. I turned onto Main Street to try to lose them in the crowd, but I couldn’t shake them off of me. The officers just kept coming.
I decided to change my way of transportation. I pushed someone out of the way while they were getting in their car. Idiot left his keys in the ignition. I turned the key and pushed the pedal as hard as I could. There were a few casualties while rushing to get away. The cops were quick as well and were on my tail once again.
I drove until I reached a pier. I rushed  out of the car pushing past fishermen to get to a warehouse to hide. I kicked the door down to a large, gray warehouse covered in ivy. There were rows and rows of things just stacked on tons of shelves. I heard noise outside. Probably pedestrians wondering what the h e l l was going on.
I heard footsteps coming towards me. Oddly enough I didn’t hear any others. All of a sudden I was pulled out by a firm hand. I was met with a clean-shaven man whose dark grey hair had been ruffled all over his head and face from running. I was surprised when he smiled. “You got me.” I nervously chuckled.  “I know the procedure. Hands on my head and against the wall while you handcuff me.” “Not this time,” he ferociously replied.
I was surprised and confused on what he meant by that. “You murdered my family and took away everything I loved. There is no procedure.” All of a sudden he threw me with a strength that almost felt supernatural. He started to transform into a beast that had black fur all over his body and claws at the end of his feet as well as teeth as big an inch filling his entire mouth. I scampered through the shelves while he just merely pushed them aside. “HELP!” I screamed. “There is no one to help you,” he replied. I made it outside to see pedestrians and cops dead in pools of blood.
“You are going to pay for what you did you son of a b i t c h.” the cop angrily threatened. “Ditto.” I sarcastically replied. I crawled back as fast as I could away from him and my hand touched a gun. I just hoped it was loaded. Once he saw me with the gun he lunged and I fired.