Poor Allison | Teen Ink

Poor Allison

July 6, 2014
By WillAnJaceRMine BRONZE, Rosalie, Nebraska
WillAnJaceRMine BRONZE, Rosalie, Nebraska
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You may not feel important now, but you will be important later. (stupid quote i know, but saved a friend from killing herself) :)


Febuary 27th, 2014
The hallway was dark and gloomy. There was a strong musty smell coming from one of the doors. Allison walked, feet dragging against the blood red carpet. The only thing illuminating the hallway was a light coming from beneath the door ahead of her. Everything else was dark.


“Is anyone there?” she whispered fearfully. She would have said “or anything?” but she couldn’t make her mouth form the words.


A whisper answered her question. But the whisper seemed to come from no where and everywhere all at once. She whimpered.


Several doors lined one side of the hallway, each about 3 feet away from the other. The other side of the hallway was all blacked out windows.


An hour earlier, Allison and her friends, Penny, Carlie and Sam, were roaming the old house, looking for an open door, which would lead into a room where they could stir up trouble. After all, it was fun messing with the owner of this house, Mr.Casile. But then, Penny was suddenly gone, like she was whipped out of the air.


“Penny?” Sam had whispered nervously. Carlie had twisted herself into a little ball on the ground, hugging her knees. The hallways had seemed to be closing in.


“We’re next. We’re next,” she had cried.


“We’ll be fine okay? Penny is just messing with us,” Alison had stuttered. It was possible. Penny was kind of the daredevil of the group with wild black hair and her gothic sense of style. Allison had liked her for making a statement with her clothing choices.


But if that was the case, Penny would have had to talk Carlie and Sam into playing along with the joke because suddenly Carlie was gone. Allison looked over at Sam and Sam had stared back. Sam’s mouth formed into an “O”, but before she could scream she was gone. And it was just Allison left in the dark hallway. The only proof of the other girls was the faint scent of Viva La Juicy perfume that Carlie had been wearing.


And now Allison was torn between searching for her friends or escaping the large home. Mr. Casile might come home soon, but if he found the bodies of three girls or something even creepier, Allison would be blamed. It was known that the foursome was inseparable even if they sometimes got into fights. And it was also known that Alison had the worst temper.


“Guys? If this is a joke, please come out?” Allison thought for a moment of what might have made the three mad. “Penny? Im sorry for stealing 10 dollars from your younger brother. Please come out. I-I’ll pay it back.”
Nothing.
“S-Sam? Im sorry for flirting with J-Jason.” Jason was Sam’s major crush. Allison had flirted with him as a joke and he had ended up asking her to the dance instead of Sam. Allison had said no of course, but Sam was still heartbroken.
Silence.
“Carlie? Im sorry that I read your diary. No-Nobody knows okay? No one will ever know.” Allison was sleeping over at Carlie’s one night when Sam and Penny were on vacation. Carlie had left Allison alone in her bedroom to go get snacks. Suffering from “I easily get bored” syndrome, she went snooping and found Carlie’s diary which held some pretty dark secrets. Carlie had walked in just then dropping the bowl of cheese puffs on the white carpet. Allison was forced to swear she wouldn’t tell a soul. And Carlie nervously stuffed the cheesepuffs back into the bowl, which would eventually go back into the bag that Carlie, Penny and Sam would share.
Allison waited for an answer from the whisper. And she got one.
“Tell us your secrets,” the walls whispered. Allison thought she might be going mad, but the voice seemed so real.
Unsure she really heard that, she spoke quietly and carefully.
“Why? What will you do with them? Will you give my friends back?”
No answer.
Deciding it was her best bet, she took in a large breath of musty air. Then let it out.
“I’m secretly dating Jason, I planned to tell the school about Carlie’s eating disorder and I buy alcohol for Penny’s brother,” she whispered.
Nothing.
Then one of them appeared. Then another. And another.
Sam, Penny and Carlie all stood before her, smirks on their faces.
“This is what you get Allison.” It was Sam who spoke. Then as quickly as they appeared they disappeared. And Allison was left alone. The light from under the door disappeared and there was the click of a lock. And Allison went mad, reaching blindly for anything she could put her hands on, and throwing it against the door at the end of the hall. But the door didn’t budge. And it wouldn’t budge until old Mr.Casile came home 2 hours later and unlocked the door to find a crying, screaming girl huddled in the corner of the hallway, that was now littered with broken vases and paintings.
Allison was sent to a mental institution 2 weeks later.

Carlie, Sam and Penny hidden behind the bushes, waited until Mr.Casile came home. And they laughed when Allison’s crying got louder now that the door was finally opened. It was easy enough, making Allison look insane and sending her away. If she would have stayed in the town any longer, she would have eventually found out the threesome’s secret. And she most definitely would have told the whole school.
“I almost feel bad,” Carlie said standing up. But there was still a smirk on her face.
Penny and Sam laughed.
“Trust me. You would have felt a lot worse if she would have stayed and found out what we are,” Penny said.
“You’re right,” Carlie said.
“She was a b***h anyways,” Sam added.
Then the threesome interlocked arms and walked down the dirt path leading from Mr.Casile’s large house. A moment later, they disappeared.

Define Switcher, Noun: Humans or animals who, after consuming a chemical found in contaminated monosodium glutamate(MSG), are able to disappear and reappear in different places; Dangerous


The author's comments:
I wasn't trying when i wrote this. It was just a quick sketch for a possible story.