The Dare | Teen Ink

The Dare

By Jessica Rambao BRONZE, Richmond Hill, New York
Jessica Rambao BRONZE, Richmond Hill, New York

I was in a hospital, in an abandoned hospital. It was night, and someone dared me to go inside. It was dark, so I turned the lights on. The lights didn’t stay on; they kept turning on and off. I continued walking until I felt like I just stepped in something. I thought it was water at first, but it wasn’t. That liquid was blood, and it wasn’t just a little. I started to run as fast as I can, and my head was accelerating. I didn’t know where to go, so I stopped for a second to think. While standing there, I heard a noise, a baby…. a baby crying behind my back. Then, I felt liked someone touched me; I thought it was one of my friends. I slowly turned around, and I saw this little girl, with her head looking down. She was dressed in a white dress covered in blood, with a teddy bear in her tiny arms. I was freaking out; I wasn’t sure if she was an illusion or if she was real. I asked her while I was about to touched her, “What are you doing here?” She raised her head; her eyes turned dark red, and she screamed in a deep voice “GET OUT!” I couldn’t stand it anymore, so I ran. I ran without looking back, trying to ignore everything. Hoping not to come back, hoping to forget what happened that night.

I wrote this short story when I was 13 yrs old