Lost! | Teen Ink

Lost!

January 28, 2011
By Writing4Pub DIAMOND, Colts Neck, New Jersey
Writing4Pub DIAMOND, Colts Neck, New Jersey
68 articles 16 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Always desire to learn something useful.
Sophocles


Every day ended up normal. It was the same old day that never changed. I go through the same routine every day which most of the time becomes very boring. I always thought to myself that if I ever ran away would any one care? Would anyone come and look for me? One day I got sick of all the questions and so I decided to take a trip out of town with my mom’s credit card. She’s never been home lately since she got her new job in the city. She is being really good to me since my dad died but I never get to see her anymore. I have no friends because I’ve been told I am very shy. I guess having no friends is good because it could make you focus on what is really important in life, which is work. But even then my grades have been failing.

I took a bus ride over to the nearest mall. When I got there I got so mad that I spent over $300 on clothes I don’t need. I then meet one of my classmates from school. She walked over to me and said hi. But I didn’t want to extend the conversation by saying hi back so I didn’t answer.

As I slowly started to walk away he grabbed my arm and said, “Come with me.”

He then took me to a nearest bench and we sat down.
“Why are you hear alone?” she said
“I don’t know” I replied.
“My name is Emily,” she said. “Do you want to come over to my house? We could watch this new movie that my mom just bought for me.

At first I didn’t know what to say but after about a minute of thinking I nodded my head and followed her.

When we got back to her house she made popcorn and we both sat down and sat through the 2-hour movie. It was a struggle to keep my eyes open. When the movie was over she told me that she wasn’t happy with her life either. At this point it made me feel a lot better that there was someone else there like me. Just as she told me this, my mom called. I didn’t pick up because I know I would be getting yelled at through the phone. The calls never stopped but I still never picked up.

“I better get going, my mom is worried.” I said to Emily

“Not yet”, she said.

“Why not? Ill see you tomorrow in school.” I asked.

“Ok well ill see you tomorrow then,” she said.
As I got on the bus chills flew through my body from the crisp air. I got scared so I decided to call my mom to tell her I was okay. No signal.

“Greattttt…” I muttered to myself.
I decided to take a nap to take my mind of off all the weird people surrounding me.


When I woke up I looked out the window to see that no one was outside and no one was surrounding me. There was not a person to be found. I was in a dark alley in the middle of nowhere. Still no signal.

I was hoping to have the bus driving come and get me tomorrow so I went to sleep.

When I woke up in the morning the sun was shining and I could finally see what was outside. Trees, Trees and more trees. As I stepped out of the bus store I looked everywhere for a sign or anything that could point me into the direction of people. I pick one way and decided to go for it. I stepped on high rocks and climbed trees, but still no signal.

After 10 miles of walking and running I didn’t know what to do so I broke down crying. I took a seat on the rock next to me and stared at my phone.

“Call from Mom!” I screamed.

As I picked up the phone I didn’t waste a second to say Hello.

“Hello!” my mom said. “Can you hear me?”
“Yes! Yes I can! Come and get me I’m lost and scared.
“Don’t worry police are on their way. They tracked down your cell phone. They are coming to get you and bring you home.

“I love you mom.” I said.
Just then the phone line went dead. I felt a little more relived knowing police are coming to get me. I decided to take a nap on the rock before the police gets here. The sun is setting and it’s been almost two days since I’ve seen my mom.

Early in the morning I woke up to a tall muscular man standing over me. I quickly jumped but then I realized it was that man that would save me. As I hopped in his big white police car I noticed my mom in the back seat.

“MOM!” I screamed!
She jumped in my arms and gave me a big hug. I didn’t know what to say so I kept grabbing on.

“I will never go anywhere without you knowing every again.” I said in a soft voice.

When I turned my head I noticed Emily sitting next to my mom.
“Hi”, I said quietly.
“I’m so happy your okay!” she said happily.
“Thanks me too”, I said as I lightly laughed.
After this whole experience I now know that you never know what is coming next. I thought my life was boring but I know now that my mom does love me and I have a new friend that truly cares about me.

The author's comments:
I love mystery books so i decided to make a mystery of my own.