Einsteinium | Teen Ink

Einsteinium

By MosoSem GOLD, Maseru, Other
MosoSem GOLD, Maseru, Other

"I'm beautiful in my way, because God makes no mistakes, baby I was born this way!", Lady Gaga.

Consciousness. Grating reality. Edging closer to the surreal. Eyes sprang up. Her glazed eyes, staring fixedly at the ceiling, mottled with what looked like coffee stains. Rotten. The girl had been normal, but every now and then, it would judder her mind to a drunken nausea. Where the world around her twisted into a conundrum. Where the voices shouted in her head, telling her all the mean things they had said to her. That she could never be happy.
She clamped a cold palm around her neck. Twisted on the bed, her deathly glaze now turning to the peeled off walls. Often, she and Alejandro would walk down the sidewalk, glitzy lights from the night-dimmed metropolis, splashing her cheek. She would hold the tip of the snow cone, and Alejandro, holding the other end. She would lap her tongue out to the dollop of ice cream, and Alejandro would lick the other. She had felt a warm feeling bubble up in her chest, but now, that had ceased.
It would jab her on the chest then. It would push her off her bead then. She would waft up, floating in the air. The blue light, exploding before her eyes. She would float, up in the air, going, going. The ceiling would part then. Twist into a silky substance, which squelched open for her, as she floated through. She would then, be in the dome of night. Stars, winking at her from their cosmic positions in space. She would float up, into the night. The blue light, making her weightless. Carrying her up to the nightly abyss. She would blink, and her eyes would freeze, never to open up again. The darkness was mute then. Faint voices would break in, a foreign language. She couldn’t understand.
But they hadn’t believed her! She had clamored. Deplored. Anger coursing through her as she shrieked, “I saw it! I know what I saw! I’m not crazy!” But the man in the rustling plastic suit had ignored her. He had clutched her by the elbow. Dragged her fidgeting body, to a big van. Inside its warm darkness, he had whispered in her ear, “Don’t worry…I’m taking you to a place of help”. The girl was furious.
All the memories, that still were vivid to her now were just as hot with anger, as when they first lodged in her mind. Einsteinium. Every week, the blue light came. And she would pretend it was all a dream. It didn’t work. Made chills jitter over her instead. It didn’t work. She had just let the light carry her. But that night, it hadn’t made her eyes freeze. She could move them. Flutter them. Roll her irises, until she felt the thin veins behind them throb. She had seen the night. Then the blue light flash angrily before her. She had seen them then. Creatures with wide, hypnotic eyes. What were they?
To be continued….

A phsycological, mystery. Delving into the sublime, and supernatural. Inspired by the great novelists the likes of Edgar Allan Poe, and Charles Dickens

MosoSem GOLD said...
on Oct. 27 2010 at 9:00 am
MosoSem GOLD, Maseru, Other

Thank you, I find morbid topics very interesting. And this is a few of my many horror pieces

on Oct. 27 2010 at 8:01 am
shellbi123 SILVER, East Jordan, Michigan

"don't say sorry if your not"

nice, it was good,

MosoSem GOLD said...
on Oct. 24 2010 at 11:55 am
MosoSem GOLD, Maseru, Other

Thanks!

on Oct. 24 2010 at 11:39 am
jericonation PLATINUM, Princeton, New Jersey

"Never let a little thing like total humiliation get between you and a good time."

wow. i didn't some parts of it, but the language and tone was so captivating and i enjoyed it!

pretty good :)