Death's Visit | Teen Ink

Death's Visit

By JAZZYJENI GOLD, Hong Kong, Other
JAZZYJENI GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

I stared down the barrel of the gun, looking death right in the eye. I couldn’t help but feel a little scared, scared of the unknown. Of Death. The hairs on the back of my neck stood straight up. She was lying on the ground, looking up at me. Oh, how beautiful she was. This gave me new hope. I looked at her and said those three little words. I love you. I looked back at Death. When I was young I had always swore that Death would visit me when I was older, not now at the tender age of seventeen. Death had visited my family many times, my grandparents, my aunt, and even my father. But until now it had avoided me. I had started a new job, one with the local supermarket. It had brought me to this back alley, whilst walking home from work. I had spotted her. Oh lovely her. Being molested by this, this creature.
‘So are you going to do it?” I asked.
“Jack no!” She said.
Ah, but I knew. I knew that he would not shoot, because he just couldn’t. I could see his hand shaking.
“Go on then. Or are you scared?”
This adrenaline I was feeling, it made me feel like I was on top of the world. It was making my heart pump, my blood run. It was intoxicating. Then with four words it brought me straight back again, back in Death’s face.
“Fine. I’ll do it.” He said with a straight face, with hands as steady as a rock.
And then, Death came for me. The last thing I saw was her face, crying. And I closed my eyes, and left this world with Death at my side.