The Other Half. part 1 | Teen Ink

The Other Half. part 1

By mai..... GOLD, Deloraine, Other
mai..... GOLD, Deloraine, Other

"Just be yourself, because life's to short to be anybody else" :) - Step Up 2 The Streets :) ♥

SCARLETT-
I woke to the sound of rock music. The beat of the bass was like the heart beat of the song, threading all the sounds together to complete the song. I knew Jet was awake as soon as I had awakened to the music. Music completes Jet. I say everyone has another half, that they will find something in life that completes them. In my life it was someone who completed me, and I lost her. I lost my twin sister, Sapphire and now, I believe, I will remain incomplete.
The sixth of July 2006 is the date that she died or, as my mum has always told us, committed suicide. That date is etched into my memory, my heart, and my skin. It remains in my every thought, word and always remains in my mind.
“Scarlett!” I heard my brother’s rough voice over the top of the song playing in his bedroom. The tone of his voice told me it was time.
I sighed. I’d been dreading this day for a month, ever since Mr Jones, our principal, had announced it. It wasn’t that I didn’t like school camps that I’d been dreading this day, it was that the whole gr. 10 year was going to be attending, in case you don’t know how many people that is, well it’s round about one-hundred annoying over-the-top, attention seeking, self-obsessed teenager’s and when you don’t cope to well with socialising, it gets a bit hard. I really should be used to lots of people, with a school of one-thousand students, but at school camp there will be no getting away from them all.
Me and Jet had thought about faking sick, to get out of it, but now Sapphires gone we had to be there for each other, and no way was mum, or Jodie as I usually called her as she never acted like a mother, was going to believe that both of us were sick and seem as me and jet knew she was up to something and we both had our suspicions that she was planning something while we were gone, we had no choice but to join the one-hundred screaming students on this camp.
“Scarlett, hurry up, we have to go in ten!” Jet said and I noticed that he’s stopped the music.
“Yeah, okay I’m coming!” I said and I reached under my bed and grabbed my bag, already packed from the night before. I chucked my navy converse sneakers on and headed out of my bedroom door, done the hallway and into the living room where Jodie and jet were waiting for me.
Jet looked at me with a smirk on his face. I looked back at him puzzled.
“What?” I asked him
“Umm, are you planning on getting out of you pyjamas today?” He asked me, I laughed, Jet laughed and Jodie just looked at us nervously.
“I’ll just go get changed, meet you in the car okay?” I said, thinking how stupid I was coming out ready for school camp in green and blue polka-dot PJ’s.

To be continued

Yes this is a very loooong story, but i think it's pretty good, tell me what you think of it! any suggestion? It was for school, had to rush the ending! :)

mai..... GOLD said...
on Jan. 6 2010 at 1:00 am
mai..... GOLD, Deloraine, Other

Thankyou so much!! It's fantastic to hear feedback! I'll have to finish uplouding the rest for you!!

on Jan. 5 2010 at 5:44 am
Arluanna PLATINUM, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

“Mwahahahahaha! Now you are mine, Lesley-Bird, finally, at last, in my... oh, drat, forgot it had wings...”

-Phil, the youngest Kalins Uzin

I have a twin brother, and it's true, he is like my other half. He is like my other half. It's like we balance each other out (example: He plays video games nonstop while I'm a voracious reader). I don't know what I'd do if he died or was injured.

mai..... GOLD said...
mai..... GOLD, Deloraine, Other

Cheers! look forward to reading your stuff! :))

on Dec. 2 2009 at 2:38 am
MelodyofAthena BRONZE, Springfield Lakes, Other
I really like reading people's comments too! I'm not on the site yet but when I am I totally want you to comment on my stuff, kay. By the way it's nice to talk with another Aussie! Bye, Mel :) ;) ;)

mai..... GOLD said...
mai..... GOLD, Deloraine, Other

Thankyou so much, one thing i love more than writing is reading peoples comments!

on Nov. 29 2009 at 12:38 am
This is really good. Sad, but good. I really like how you tie it off with some comedy. :)