Thriller Night | Teen Ink

Thriller Night

October 8, 2009
By Marti SILVER, Hershey, Pennsylvania
Marti SILVER, Hershey, Pennsylvania
7 articles 3 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Your heart is his pinata and once he knows, just keep your lips closed of three little words


“It was late at night, and I was left deserted in a cabin. The fog was thick and air was misty. The moon was a full glow amongst the dark, starless sky. The looming trees that crept over my cabin seemed dark, and elevated. I felt like they were just waiting to get me. My lamp was creating a luminous light which caste an eerie glow upon the walls of my room. Around me all I heard were cooing owls, howling wolves, rustling leaves, hissing snakes, and scampering animals. Tiny creatures sawing their rusty nails at my floorboards. The creak in the dusty, creaky wooden door as it swayed from side to side in the obscure glow of the moon. I felt the anxiety trickling down my back, my eyes darting in all directions, and my body shaking violently. I felt like a child lost in New York City surrounded by strangers. Helpless! As this thought skimmed my mind with the many others, I heard footsteps. Slow, wary, silent footsteps that only dogs can hear. It’s like my eardrums were connecting to another level of pitch that other humans couldn’t hear. I felt wired, and spiked. My chest thumping with anticipation, letting it quickly fall and rise. My heartbeat racing around my chest unable to stop. Beating so fast my eardrums were about to explode. My breath was now in quick, short gasps. As the footsteps drew nearer and louder I grabbed for the only thing in my control. A pocket knife. Then I was swept in total darkness.”