Am i human | Teen Ink

Am i human

August 1, 2009
By ashleyt PLATINUM, Midland, Texas
ashleyt PLATINUM, Midland, Texas
22 articles 65 photos 53 comments

The hair on my neck stood tall as i fell a sleep. Visions of everything i could imagine have gone through my head but none like the one that awaits this dark rainy night. I tossed and turned until i found a perfect position, On my side with the blanket up to my shoulders, and my pillow folded in two.

I turned off my small tv and layed the remote on the amall stool next to the bed. I cleared my throat then closed my eyes. I took a deep breath then fell into a light sleep then to a heavy full sleep.

In my dreams i felt a rush of happiness then a crazy rush of romances then comedies then to sad stories. Lastly i fely a rush of the same dream i seem to have each night, I'm walking in my back yard then i simply jump into my bed then i usually awake to morning.

This time i did awake but not to this world. I awoke to a darkness so unusual. The darkness was cold yet warm and i felt wet. I heard what sounded like children whispering and laughing in a distance. It felt as if my neck hair stood three feet tall instead of my usual half a centimeter. I walked without moving and i cried without making my eyes wet and making my nose drip.

I swallowed deeply then attempted to scream but failed to do so. I heard foot steps that sounded so close i felt as i they were mine. I reached out into the harsh weather and felt a hand it grabbed mine and that's when I awoke. When i looked down my hand was still being held but it wasn't human......


The author's comments:
I hope it didn't really scare anybody if you have any questions just comment me.