My Son | Teen Ink

My Son

December 18, 2023
By PiplupTheGreat07 BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
PiplupTheGreat07 BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The sirens blared throughout the facility, muffling any other sounds that should’ve been flooding Jason’s senses. He saw people screaming, blood pouring out of ragged wounds, but the screams fell on deaf ears as he sprinted through the flashing red corridors. He turned a corner and to his horror he came face to face with the… the thing. 


Specimen-13 chittered happily as it ripped into some poor researcher’s entrails, devouring her shred by shred. Its skinless body shined scarlet with blood as it feasted, its teeth dripping with gore. It hadn’t seemed to notice Jason yet. He pivoted on his heels and tried to run away.


But he failed to notice the growing pools of crimson around him.


He slipped. A fatal mistake. Specimen-13 whipped around, snarling, its empty eye sockets staring into Jason’s own.


The last thing Jason heard was the sound of his own screams as his life was ripped away by his own creation. 


The author's comments:

I got the idea for this short story while playing Resident Evil 2. I've always liked irony in horror, and I wanted to implement that in this story.