The Killer Clown | Teen Ink

The Killer Clown

By jayp BRONZE, Souderton, Pennsylvania
jayp BRONZE, Souderton, Pennsylvania

It was October 31 at Kenderton School. Noah, Billy, and Marcus finished their lunches right before the bell rang. They each went their separate ways to the classes. At 3 o’clock, they met up outside to walk home together since they were all neighbors. They always tried to go early so the bullies wouldn’t throw them into the trash cans. But today, Billy had to take forever so the bullies came out of the school and got ready to chuck Noah and Marcus into the trash cans. After a bit, Billy came out and saw Noah and Marcus… talking to the bullies! Billy went down; cowardly, to see what they were talking about. They were making a deal so they wouldn’t get thrown into the dirty, smelly trash can. The bullies turned around and thought of the worst dare of eternity. The bullies told the boys that they had to go to Nicetown for trick or treating. Nicetown was the worst part of Philly, there were always gunshots firing, and murdering, and scary gangs and people. Nicetown also had very high illegal activity so if anyone was caught even walking in the streets then the police would arrest them. The boys agreed to the dare even if it was a possibility for them to die. At least they won’t be put into the trash cans. Noah then thought that they could act like they will go and then not go. At the last second, the third bully thought the same as Noah. He told the boys that they would follow the boys into Nicetown and wouldn't let them leave until they let the boys go home. Billy got really scared now. The boys then walked home and the bullies went their way too. 

The boys went to Billy’s house to do homework because he had the best snacks. While doing their homework, nobody talked about the horrifying dare they were about to accomplish in a couple hours. But then Noah eventually brought it up. They thought of a plan to try not to get killed or arrested, or even not go to Nicetown at all. Marcus brought up that they could just stay at one person’s house the whole night. Then Noah said that their parents would find out and they wouldn’t get their candy, which was an essential part of their lifestyle.

It was time for the boys to put on their costumes. Noah dressed up as a skeleton, Marcus dressed up as a robot, and Billy dressed up as a ghost. They all come out of their homes to see each bully at each door. The bullies then gave each friend a wedgie and held them by the hair. They were off to Nicetown. The bullies then started scaring the boys even more than Billy’s white ghost costume had yellow spots on it. The other boys and the bullies both noticed and started laughing, Billy hid the part with the yellow on his costume.

After 20 minutes of walking, Noah started hearing gunshots. That meant they were getting very close to Nicetown. Two minutes later, they saw the sign that said “Welcome to Nicetown” with a bunch of graffiti and bullet holes. The bullies pushed the boys and hid behind a trash can outside of Nicetown and they saw the boys go to the first house.

They rang the doorbell, no one answered, they knocked, no one answered again. As they were about to leave a elderly woman came out with a bowl of candy. The boys took the candy and started walking to the next house. Marcus told Noah and Billy that this might not be too bad. They walked to the next house and rang the doorbell, no one answered. They used the same strategy as the last house and knocked on the door. The door happened to be open, so the door swung open as they knocked on it. A man came up with a gun in his hand and cocked the gun. They boys stutteringly said to the man, trick or treat. Billy’s costume’s color changed from a little bit of yellow to a more-yellow-than-white color. The man yelled at the boys to leave and the boys sprinted, sprinted so fast that they might have beat Usain Bolt in the race where he broke the world record! They ran and kept on running until they heard no sign of the jacked, petrifying man. They found an alleyway to hide in and catch their breath. They were super relieved that they got away from the scary dude safely. Marcus and Noah then saw Billy’s costume and started laughing really hard.

From the distance, the boys heard a trash can fall and cats screech around the corner of the alley. Marcus saw red hair peeking out from the corner and little bits of a clown mask. Marcus just remembered watching the news and it talking about the Killer Clown killing kids on halloween. The Killer Clown is the heir of Michael Myers, killing kids just like he did on halloween. He’s killed almost 80 kids and he wants to get a 100 today. Nobody knows who he is and he is very quick so the police can’t catch him.

The Killer Clown then came out just staring at the boys with a smile. The boys were just staring in horror, just standing there waiting for something to happen. The clown started walking towards them. The boys ran as fast as they could and went into a different alley. Billy looked back and saw a clown. He screamed and they ran, they kept on running. Eventually, they met bullies and told them to run.

The boys then went to their house and told their parents about the clown. The parents came to Billy’s house to discuss the clowns their kids saw. They then decided to tell the neighborhood to be careful. The boys hid in Billy’s room. They were hiding and talking about the clown they saw and it was a bad idea and regret to accept the bully’s dare.

They smelt burning and went to tell their parents. They slowly walked outside to see the killer clown burning down the side of their house. The police then came and tried to arrest the clown. But, the clown disappeared when the parents called the police. They boys got scared and went to sleep on the floor of Billy’s room. 

The clown found his new home in a new town. Let's see if he can break his record for killing children. 

I wrote this piece because I thought about the killer clowns a couple years ago and I also saw a horror movie which is about a killer killing people on Halloween. I got my inspiration for both of these stories.