Signal Disapperance | Teen Ink

Signal Disapperance

By Thaury0618 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Thaury0618 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

One night before the disappearance, everyone was on their cell phones as usual, they all went to sleep each putting their cell phones like if it was their baby next to them so they could find it the next day.

The next day Madelaine wakes up with a strange feeling, her alarm didn’t wake her up, around her everything was calm and silent, as if she were alone in the world, she thought about going outside to see both of her friends called Nick and Betty, but they weren’t outside so she decided to go to their houses since she didn’t know how to drive, while she is walking she notice that some things aren’t working, there’s broken cables and a lot of water, she thought that maybe it rained but she didn’t really care about it so she kept walking.

At her friends house she used the camera that is in their door but it didn’t so she started yelling at them to come down and open the door, that was so weird why is everything having problems, Nick came first looking at madelaine who had a haunting face more like a scary face, she was just looking at him like a when a baby does something wrong, like if it was his fault what's happening there, he just standed up waiting for his sister to come down, when Betty finally arrive she asked if they didn’t know what happened, Madelaine and Nick looked at each other saying no with their faces, then Betty yelled at them the signal disappeared that’s why everything is having problems, when she said that almost everybody heard her, and everybody started freaking out throwing things and saying “is the end of the world!!!” Everybody was so scared, why would this happen? Everything was ok last night.

The three of them started looking for a signal, but there was none, everybody lost their signal, and nobody knew how they could fix that or what happened, so Madelaine started her way to discover what happened to the signal.

I wanted to make it suspenseful, and every time an idea came to me I wrote it down, it may not be the best story in the world but I feel that it is a good one