Tragic Town | Teen Ink

Tragic Town

October 14, 2021
By Anonymous

   What if we didn’t have any rules or laws? The world and people wouldn’t work the same as it does now. The Tragic Town. Emotions taking over. Anger, hatred, feeling blue, or happiness are attached to the people's actions.

    A Woman would tell herself “anger is never an option”, as the woman was just looking at the mess that people made in front of her porch. “I never do anything wrong to these people. If anything, I'm so kind to people who don’t deserve it. Why can't we just have some sort of rules or laws to put people in their place” she said to herself while cleaning the mess. The people in this town were horrible. Never did she see other people being happy, instead all she'd hear are gunshots making fear grow more and more like a pimple getting ready to fully pop at any moment.

   The ‘Tragic Town' wasn't so big. The woman lived in a ghetto little area with just two other houses on her block. First home was a sad dark blue color however, she’s never seen one person who lives in that house come out. Gunshot flashes would show through the window and just a figure holding a gun. Second house was not much of a story with that one yet. The house was a bright yellow. It looked like the happiest house in that town.

A middle-aged man just moved into a happy house. No one knew him and no one tried being friends with him except the women. The woman decides to go over trying to make friends. “Hello?” said the middle-aged man with a police uniform. The woman’s mouth dropped, eyes wide open, and her face sweating.  “Oh, sorry I didn't mean any harm” the women said, all shocked. The officer lets her in the house “Can I help you?’ “Oh, sorry my name is Edd, how can I help you? Sorry I didn’t greet you just trying to get settled” said the middle-aged man “Edd that's simple” said the woman.

    “Yes, very simple there isn’t a lot to me but how can I help you?” said Edd to the women. The woman starts losing herself “Your you're- an officer in this town?? You're not scared to be here? Are you going to protect this town or at least me?”. “Ma'am calm down what are you talking about?” Edd trying to calm the woman. “Officers don’t survive here; they never have you going to get yourself killed in this earthquake. 

          The officer wasn’t frightened as he told the women “If it makes you feel better, I’ll be your personal officer”. “REALLY!” the woman yells in excitement. “Oh, thank you if you ever need anything you can count on me,'' said the woman.

          Since that day, Edd and the women were closer together, no longer strangers. “Without you I didn't feel safe” said the woman to Edd. Edd thought he knew everything about the woman, even her name yet she never told Edd her name. Edd was the happiest officer he could be because of the women.

          One day, Edd decides to lean in forward with a kiss. “STOP WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” yells the woman. Edd gets away from the woman, gets the gun from his uniform, and points it to the woman. As she's scared for her life, “I- thought I could trust you as an officer, you have your own rules and law you have to follow, you can't do this” she says crying in tears with a gun still being pointed at her.

          “There are no rules or laws for Jenny not in this town,” said Edd with a furious face. “How do you know my name?” Jenny is shocked she doesn’t remember her telling him her name. “I lived in the depressing sad blue house, the one across from you, I was the figure always with the gun. I’ve been watching you since you've been here” said Edd, pulling the trigger.

          Jenny’s body, laying on the floor, and bleeding out, as Edd calls 911 playing innocent. Tragic Town never changed its ways on how Jenny wanted it to. Edd continued taking people's lives. The anger he had all built up, so he’d take it off on the people.


The author's comments:

This story is trying to give off a leasson learned story.