Agent C: Case of the stolen items. | Teen Ink

Agent C: Case of the stolen items.

May 15, 2009
By Writers_Are_Awesome GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
Writers_Are_Awesome GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
15 articles 0 photos 8 comments

It was about ten at night. I was leaning in my bed to rest my head on my pillow after a tiring day trying to solve a case. I guess I shouldn’t expect to get a good night’s sleep every night being a detective. I had just solved a case that has been unsolved for fifty years. I hadn’t gotten any sleep for a week, I was so tired...

As my head touched my pillow, I heard a screeching beeping sound.

“Uh... Not again...”

I groggily reached for my pager. It read:

824-3840-2930 Agent C

Lazily deciphering what it meant, I knew that I had another case to do. I dialed the number and asked, very grouchy like,

“What do you want!”

“Is this Agent C?” Spoke a calm receptionist.

“Yes, it is! And she’s very tired! What is so important that you have to stop me from receiving a week’s worth of sleep for?”

“I’m sorry Agent C, but you have to go out of town for this case. We already booked a hotel for you near-by. Apparently a T.V. was stolen from an electronic store. They found it later today.”

“They found it already, what’s the big issue?”

“It’s not the first robbery that the item has been found and the owner wants to get to the bottom of it.”said the receptionist serenely

“Fine... Who was there during the crime?”

I heard a shift of papers and then, “The janitor, both security guards, the salesman, and the cashier.”

“Cynthia! I need names! Tell me names!”

“Sorry, Agent C. And would you please use the code names? Working for the FBI, anyone with enough experience can hack into the system and find out loads of information.”

“Sorry, R1. Now about those names...”

“Oh, yes. Their names are: Fred Larkin the janitor, Tim and Tom Barke which are twin security guards, Carthy Howell the salesman, and Sally Smith the cashier.” Cynthia said, hastily.

“Alright, are you sending a vehicle to my house to pick me up, or will I have to drive recklessly over there?”

“Oh, yes. Of course, Agent C. Someone will be down there in five minutes.”

“They better..” I said and hung up.

I put my face in my hands and rubbed my face. How long would it be until I got some decent sleep around here. I threw my clothes in my suitcase, hoping to get some last minute sleeping done, when I heard my doorbell ring.

“Coming!” I yelled.

I finished my packing and opened the door. Standing there was a tall man in a black suit. He had an earpiece and flung out a wallet. He put it in my face and said

“FBI transportation, Agent C.”

I stared at the badge in his wallet that read: FBI. Before I could read anymore of it, someone grabbed my luggage and started to take it to the black car in front of my drive way. I slammed my door shut and sauntered to the car. I hopped in and stared at the driver. Before I could close my eyes and catch a few Z’s the driver spoke.

“Agent C, I must tell you that you won’t be able to sleep. I have important and confidential information to tell you about the electronic store known as Sam’s Electronics.” He said as if reading my mind.

“You always do, Bill.”

“Agent C, use the code names. That is the only way I know that it really is you.”

“Fine! Moving on, D4.”

“Alright, so the store itself has been having mysterious robberies for a week now and...”

Before I could hear anything else, I fell asleep. When I opened my eyes, it was five in the morning and D4 was still talking.

“... then they were all examined. Cops still can’t figure out who did it. That’s why we called you, hoping that you could figure out who the suspect is. You ok, Agent C? You were awfully quiet.”

“Hm? Oh-yea. I understand completely...” I said groggily.

“Good, we will be arriving at the destination soon. About, two more hours. You may fall asleep now.”

“Actually, I’m not that tired anymore...”


The author's comments:
I know the title is not all that intersesting, but I think it's a great story. (Then again all writers think that about their stories.) Anyways, I really do recomend this if you are a mystery lover, just like me!