The Stalker | Teen Ink

The Stalker

By Nuggie BRONZE, Hamiton, Montana
Nuggie BRONZE, Hamiton, Montana

Ever since I was young there has been something following me. It whispers in my ear and follows me everywhere I go. There has never been a day where I haven't seen it in the driveway or on my way to work. It just stands there like a statue staring into emptiness. It is a man and he looks like no one I’ve ever seen before. Now you must be wondering why I don't just tell someone and have him dragged away to jail. The thing is, everytime I mention it, absolutely no one will talk to me for the rest of the day. Even random strangers that I would talk to wouldn't respond.

He’s there in my dreams and even when I lay in bed, he stands right next to me.  I sometimes wonder if my life is just some spooky dream sometimes cause nothing seems like it used to. Everything was normal before my stalker came. I used to be a normal little girl who would play with her barbie dolls on the sidewalk. I used to play dress up and pretend to be a princess in a faraway land whom to which gets saved by prince charming - also known as my dog.  Not a single thing seems to be the same now that he's here.

There was one day that I didn't see him. He was nowhere to be seen. I looked for hours, almost getting worried. After him being here for almost 13 years I was worried that something serious had happened to either me or even him. I didn't know if he just stopped following me or he was actually gone. There was one point in time that I actually missed him. There was a longing inside of me for him to be back. For someone to want me and someone to watch me. 

I realized after that day that I needed him here. I loved him and he loved me. After that day I went up to talk to him everyday. He never answered; he just stood there staring into my eyes.  The thing is he was the only one who listened to me. Everyone else I had ever known or ever met had completely disowned me ever after I started to talk about him. I didn't care though. I loved to talk to him and he was my life. I didn't do anything that didn't involve him. My whole life now evolved around him. 

After three years of me trusting him with my life, he finally decided to talk to me. Although it was only four words, it mattered the world to me. His words were, “Will you marry me.” As soon as he said this, I screamed. I fell to my knees and cried in joy. I started to scream, “ Yes of course I will. Yes, yes, yes, yes. Please.” 

Ever after that day, he would talk to me all the time. He would tell me all about his life and I would return the favor. That was it, he was my life and he was all I needed.

This is a thrilling story about a 20 year old girl who is being stalked by a creepy man.

26cvitse BRONZE, Hamilton, Montana
good job nuggs