The Mind Disorders | Teen Ink

The Mind Disorders

By Saul BRONZE, Edwards, Colorado
Saul BRONZE, Edwards, Colorado

What Is The Mind?

What can I say about mind?

It’s as strong as blind...

Crazy,confuse,strange.

But it almost never change.

The brain can be our greatest ally,

As our greatest foe,

It can take us to the sky…

Or take us so low…

Are these “disorders” a way to the chaos?

Or a door to a new world?

Are they making a burled?

Maybe creating a cross?

Are these physcopaths destruction?

Maybe our heroes...

Maybe all this is fiction…

Maybe they are the ones who grow…

What is the mind?

A simple toy to play with?

It’s as the wind…

Maybe our mind is just a myth

Collection Of Memoirs

That night,I heard them scream...

The death,as suddenly as quiet…

This night,may be my last...

Mind disorders?those are just words…

Are they really wrong?are they?

They look at me,every night…

Suffering?You don’t know what word really means,how could you know?Did someone ever told you “you just deserve dead” or “ stupid sick”?if not,shut up.

Mind disorders?those are just words without meaning,words created to make someone less,to make him feel bad,made for people who wants to be superior,that’s it.

Every night when I go to sleep,I swear I feel someone looking at me,but that’s not what worry me,what does it,it’s that I live alone and my cameras don’t record  intruders.

Every day I had the same dream,I’m here alone and those things followed me,but the worst part,is that I never can wake up,I pray for help…

Is this really bad?some say I became crazy,but I just see the truth,I see what will happen,I try to warn them,but they don’t wanna listen,then I better just escape…

This is a really mad world,isn’t it?With all people,being easily foolish by them,some ignore the truth,some are afraid of it,what about you?

Short Story

MIA

Some said I became crazy, that I had mental disorders, I wish I could look at them once again just to laugh at their faces, but as my family,this will be my last night, and I couldn’t be happier knowing that my family and I saved us, saved us of the horrible fate…

They are already resting, I’ll be with them in a moment, but I didn’t wanna go without letting the history…

My name is Zack, and I’m 15 years old, but that that thing started to followed me since 8, every night she used to came to my room, she used to be so kind, with the time, I started to call her “Mia” ‘cause I thought it was a beautiful name, my mom and sister thought she was just an imaginary friend “it’s normal in kids” they said, but I knew she was real, and she was my friend, every night when I was scared, she was next to me to make feel safe.

But everything changed when I went to high school, it was my first day, and as everyone, I was really scared, and as I used to do with my problems, I talked with Mia:

”I’m really nervous for this” I said

”Why are you nervous?” asked Mia “You’re a great guy,you’ll be fine”

”I’m just nervous about the school,about the classes and the new guys” I answer

-”You’ll be fine” said Mia with a happy tone

Then my mom came to my room and asked:”what are you doing,zack?”then I answered:”I’m just talking with Mia”.I could hear a sigh of disappointment from my mom and I asked:

-”Are you ok,mom?”

-”No,no,I’m just tired after the shopping” she said “the dinner will be ready in a while” she add before left my room.

-”what’s wrong with her?” I asked to Mia.

-”How would I know?” asked Mia “maybe she’s just tired of all this “back to the school’ shopping”.

-”Well,I guess you’re right,maybe I should go to get dinner,do you want something?” I asked

-”Nah,I’m good” answered Mia “I’ll wait here”

Then I went to the living room, but before I reach the,I heard my mom and my sister talking about me:

-”This is getting out of hand” said my sister “He should stop since the 12 years,that’s what the doctor said”.

-”I know,I know” said my mom worried “but what can we do?”

-”We could try to talk to him” said my sister worried “but he’s starting high school and I don’t think he will make friends talking about “Mia” “

When they mentioned “Mia” I knew something was wrong,I went to them trying to act that I has just arrived and said:

-”Hey girls,what’s going on?” I asked “Did you said something about me?”

When I said that,they both get freeze and only said no,but I knew they were talking about me:

-”Ok,then let’s eat something!!” I said with false happiness “I’ll need energy for tomorrow”

We ate the dinner with a killer tension between us, I knew something was really wrong.

At the next day,I woke up, ate my breakfast,took a shower, brushed my teeth,etc.

My mom and sister were still acting pretty weird, I said bye to Mia and she said:

-”Bye Zack,have a great day buddy!!” said Mia

-”I’ll see you after school” I answered.

I went to the school, still nervous but excited at the same time, I went to my first classes and everything was normal, but the lunch,not so much, I sit in a table alone, but a guy with football uniform came and said:

-”Hey new,I think anyone told this is our table,not the looser’s table”

Those last words, I don’t know why, but they make me SO angry, that I actually answered him:

-”Well,as I don’t see your name written ,l don’t see a reason to move” I said in a mocking tone.

-”Oh,I see we got a new more stupid than the others” answered him in a mocking tone too

-Listen,I don’t want problems,so can you leave in peace?” I said a little angry.

-”And why should I do what you said?” said him.

He tried to grab me, but as soon as he touched me, I hit him, I didn’t knew why I did that,but it look I was stronger than i thought, ’cause it looks he was scared:

-”Well,I warned you to leave me alone right?” I said

Of course I had some trouble, but a girl helped me saying that the another guy was who started

-”It was Brad who started, sir” said the girl “I saw everything”

-”Well, I know you won’t lie Kim” said the principal “Then is Brad who will come with me”

Then I went with the girl just to say thank you.

-”Hey, I wanna said thank you for helping me” I said

-”Oh, don’t worry” said the girl “I just said what I saw”

-”And it looks you would be only one” I said “because it doesn’t look like someone has the intention to talk”

-”Well, not ALL the guys here would go against the captain of the football team” said the girl surprised “But it looks you’re not like them,I like that”

Right in that moment, I started to remember something, those words were exactly the same ones that Mia told me when I met her:”It looks you’re not like them”, but I forgot about the girl until she woke me up.

-”Hello?Are you there??” she asked.

-”Oh?” I said coming back from my memories “Oh,yeah sorry, I was just thinking, but by the way, Your name was Kim, right?”

-”Yep, Kim Sanchez at your service” she said in a kind tone “And yours!?”

-”Zack, Zack Guardado,at your service too”

-”Well Zack, I think I’ll see you after” she said before she left.

It was a better day than I expected, and I went to house pretty excited to tell everyone about it, my mom was worried about the fight, my sister worried about my reputation and when I was going to my room to talk with my mom, she suddenly called me:

-”Zack, can we…” she said without finishing her sentence.

-”Do you need to talk about something mom?” I asked.

-”No, it’s okay” said my mom worried.

I had the feeling that something was wrong, but I just went back to my room to talk with Mia:

-”Hey Mia, are you here?” I asked, with no answer for a moment until she appear behind me

-”Where else would I be?” she said.

-”AAAHHH!!!” I screamed “you scared me,how did you get there?”

-”Forget about it, I want to know everything about today Mr.Freshman” she said excited.

-”Well,it was a pretty long day…” I said

We talked about the day and she was especially interested when I talk about Kim.

-”And what is SO special in that Kim?” she asked

-”Wait a minute” I said “Are you jealous!?”

-”OF COURSE NOT!!!” she answer with nerves and some anger “I just want to know if she is good for you”

-”Don’t worry about it, she will not change anything between us,we’ll always be friends” I said with a happy tone.

-”Okay...I’ll trust in you” she answered

The days passed and become in weeks, and the weeks in months, and with the time Kim and I start to feel things for each other, and with the time, we became in boyfriends, my family was so happy, and Mia too, everything in my life looked SO perfect, but then…

Everything changed, I was coming back to house after went for ice cream with Kim, when I was going to my room, my mom and sister called me to the kitchen where they were waiting me.

-”Did you wanna talk?” I asked .

-”Yes honey,we need to talk” My mom said.

-”About??” I asked again.

-”This is complicated son, I-”

-”You need to let Mia go Zack” said my sister suddenly interrupting to my mom.

-”What?” I asked in shock “WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!?”

-”THIS THING OF “MIA” IS GETTING OUT OF HAND” she said angry “YOU ARE A TEENAGER,YOU HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THESE GAMES!!”
-”MIA IS NOT ANY GAME!!” I answered angry “SHE HAS BEEN WITH ME ALL THE TIME!!”

-”PLEASE, JUST LISTEN, EVEN IF SHE IS REAL, YOU HAVE TO LET HER GO!!!”

-”AND WHY!!!?” I scream with all my strength.

-”PLEASE LISTEN!!!” scream my mother suddenly. “We know you don’t  want to let her go, but there’s a time when everyone has to say goodbye, you need to go more to the real world, but she has to go at some point, why don’t do it now and not make it harder?”

-”But-but,if I let her go,I…” I said with tears in my eyes.

-”Now you have to Kim, don’t you?” said my mother.

-”Okay..I’ll do it” I said.

I went to my room and called Mia to talk:

-”Well, what do you want to talk about it?” she asked.

-”Mia, this is hard but…” I felt that I couldn’t do it, but I said it “You should go now”

-”Go?Where?” she asked.

-”You have to leave the house,now…”

-”What?” she asked surprised “Why?”.

-”Just go, please don’t make it harder”

-”Wait...This is for that girl, isn’t it?” she said “You said it won’t change anything between us.YOU PROMISE!!!”

-”THIS IS NOT KIM’S FAULT,I DECIDED TO DO IT,MY FAMILY TOO!!

-”SO THOSE TWO WANT YOU TO LET ME BY THAT STUPID BITCH!!?”
-”I ALREADY TOLD YOU IS NOT KIM’S FAULT!!!” “I WANT TO DO THIS,NOW GET OUT OF HERE!!! I KNOW YOU ARE NOT REAL!!!

In that moment, she start to show her real face, she get me by the neck, then I realized she was no just my imagination, she was trying to kill me now…

-”You’ll regret this” she said angry and crying at the same time “If I can’t have you, then NO ONE WILL!!!”

-”Please, just listen” I said while she was strangling my neck “I have to let you go”

-”Your family, you said?” she asked in a sinister tone, and still crying “Then they will be the first ones, then I’m gonna get that bitch who started it all”

-”DON’T DARE TO TOUCH THEM” I scream with all my strength.

-”You’re going to need me again, then I will be there” she said before let me go and disappear in the shadows.

I knew what she was going to do, then I ran to the kitchen to warned my family.

-”What happened?” my mother asked.

-”Girls, you have to run and hide right now” I said “SHE’S AFTER YOU TWO!!”

-”I thought you did it Zack” said my sister “If you will not, I’ll do it”

She was going straight to my room, when I took a knife and save her, now she’s ok, but my mom didn’t get it and scream

-”WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!?” she said

-”I’M SAVING YOU!!”

Then I proceed to save my mom too, I was alone in the house and I scream:

-”THEY ARE GONE, THIS IS BETWEEN YOU AND I NOW!!”

Then I realized the police was outside, but it was too late…

This is between she and me, officers…

If you find this and three bodies, go and protect Kim Sanchez, she is danger…

Good Night.